Respected Contributor

A woman in Gwinnett County, Georgia gave birth in a Kroger store.

She was on the way to the hospital with her husband when her water broke. She felt they would not make it to the hospital, so they entered the Kroger store to head to the bathroom.

A 7lb 11oz baby girl was born there. She is the couple's third child.

For one thing, I think I'd rather give birth in the backseat of the car rather than a public bathroom! But, who knows what you would think?

I had 19 hours after my water broke before I gave birth. How do some women have their babies so quickly????

I know that women who have had more than one baby theoretically give birth with shorter labors. But, how does it happen so fast without even being able to get to the hospital? I'm jealous!!

Hyacinth {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Respected Contributor

You're a nurse right?

Honored Contributor
I had my second 20 minutes after my water broke. I was dilated only to 3. You never know what's going to happen...
Honored Contributor
On 1/25/2015 brii said: I had my second 20 minutes after my water broke. I was dilated only to 3. You never know what's going to happen...

I had my 1st 4hours after my water broke and we lived about 1.5 hours from the town I was going to have her in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

I had a colleague whose wife gave birth in the rest room next to the admitting office in the hospital. They named the boy JOHN. (really)

Respected Contributor

Hyacinth003, yeah, I used to ask that same question. After getting to the hospital, I was in labor for 11 hours for my first child. Ugh. But my second was under an hour after arrival at hosp so it was certainly quicker the second time.

Anyway, I agree that I'd rather have my child in the back seat of my own car than a public restroom. Maybe the mother waited too long to leave for the hospital. And you know how you just HAVE to push in those final minutes!

Hope that baby and mother are doing fine.

Respected Contributor

I had my 2nd about 5 minutes after arriving at the hospital, and he basically just surfed out as my water broke. My labor was only 3 hours start to finish and was totally different than my labor for my first, so I thought it was just a back ache for about the first hour.

Respected Contributor

Think of the mess in the back seat.

My sister barely made it to the ER for her third. They lived about 10 minutes from the hospital.

Honored Contributor
She probably needed or thought she needed to use the bathroom. I wouldn't want to have a baby in a car or a restroom.
Esteemed Contributor

From the time I felt my first labor pain to the time my daughter was born, it took about 2 hrs and 15 minutes. I could have been one of those people who wanted to stop. I had to pee so bad on the way to the hospital. I was living in NM and I wanted to stop at Allsups to just run in and use the restroom. My boyfriend was like are you crazy? I don't want the paramedics having to deliver the baby on the bottom of a dirty convenience store bathroom!

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK