Respected Contributor

Re: How do you think this should be handled?

What do I think?  OK.  So you get a "consensus" from posters as to who is "cuplable"?  Then what? 

You got your money back.  Move on.  Order from another company, although most use either UPS or FedEx for on-line orders.  If you can, shop at a local store and take the stuff home in your car.

Honored Contributor

I've said this before, because I lived it to learn it:   Follow up, is a 2nd job for us now.  If something isn't right, or being tended to, our job is to follow up.  Responsibility....no one seems to be able to do this now, it's just a sign of the times.  We just have to depend upon ourselves.  Keep your phone handy.

Honored Contributor

Why did you wait so long before you checked tracking???  I've had this happen but I knew about it from tracking before I got the UPS notice that my package was damaged they had notified the sender.  The senders did credit my card but the whole process took a couple of weeks.  You waited too long and also you got caught in the holiday rush.  

Esteemed Contributor

I agree with @Kachina624...I think the shippers are overwhelmed more and more each year......

Also there is alot of Christmas help that don't bother to go "the extra mile" because they know their job will be gone in a few weeks...

Esteemed Contributor

@game-on wrote:

I ordered some towels on December 17th.  I was sent an email that said they were shipped via UPS on the 18th.  Today I wondered what happened to them.  I tracked the package and found it in Las Vegas.  I live in AZ.  I called the company.  I am not angry; just wondered what happened.  It seems that the package got damaged  on December 28th and today they were crediting my credit card.  

It seems to me that someone should have let me know.  Who was culpable to let me know?  UPS or the vendor?  

You know.... it seems that customer service could be better.

What do you think?

@game-onI don't understand.  You got notice that an order shipped and 2+ weeks later you wondered what happened to it?  Also I don't understand why it was in Las Vegas.  Is that the UPS hub closest to you?  How damaged was the package?  Must have gotten wet or burned; towels aren't breakable.  So in that case...flood or fire, I think UPS would have notified somebody.  But still...almost three weeks before you're curious where your order is?

I think it's up to you to keep track of your order.  You have the most invested in it.  The company took your order and sent it out.  Then it was up to you.  They're crediting your card so the way I'd handle it is learn the lesson and move on. 

That's my opinion.  I won't even add YMMV because even though I know what it means, it makes no sense at all to me.

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

I think that delivery service goes down hill from the middle of November to the end of January:  Christmas delivery season all through Christmas return season.  Hiring extra people doesn't seem to be the answer either unless they are properly trained, which isn't going to happen because they will soon be let go, and it wouldn't be cost effective.