Respected Contributor

I prefer a cool room (or even cold if it's not too cold) with warm blankets; it feels so cozy. I have an electric blanket which means I can control the temperature if I need to.

My husband is just the opposite, plus he snores, I have a bad back so I prefer a mattress a little firmer than what's comfortable for him) so we sleep in different bedrooms.

I really miss sleeping together but no one could sleep with me. I toss and turn, ocassionally I sleepwalk, talk in my sleep, wake up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom, etc. I also envy my DH because he can sleep almost at will, like a cat; I take a while to finally drop off. I'm a light sleeper; he's not a real heavy sleeper but it's easy for him to wake me up. Sigh...

Honored Contributor

Re: How do you like to sleep?

Once the CPAP is on my face, I'm out like a light.

Respected Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

Once the CPAP is on my face, I'm out like a light.

Are they noisy? did it take a while for you to get used to having that equipment on your face?

Honored Contributor

My husband says it is quiet.  Since I remove my hearing aids when I go to bed, any noise is not likely to disturb my sleep.

No learning curve for me, I dropped right off to a sound night of sleep the first night.

Esteemed Contributor

I like to sleep in a cool to cold room, with the fan above set on low.  I do like a little bit of light coming in, so it is not complete darkness.  I have a fairly firm mattress and use a pillow feather topper.  I don't use flannel sheets (any more), and like my cotton or even blend sheets to be cool when I get in.  I have a top sheet, a quilt, and then a fleece blanket over the quilt to keep it clean and hair free as one of my two dogs sleeps on the bed with me.

My DH moved to another room a few years ago.  He snored and went to sleep right away.  I like to watch TV before falling asleep, and his snoring (breathing even) kept me awake.  I think we are both happier this way.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

I have slept in a hotel room with a lady that used a CPAP and it didn't bother me, but I normally use a white noise machine at home.

How do I like to sleep?  These days I would like to sleep well.  I drop off within 5 minutes of my head touching the pillow, but I'm having issues with things moving around in my head when I lay down, so it's never a good sleep anymore.  

I do turn the temp down at night.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@deepwaterdotter...not me.  It still takes me a while to go to sleep with my CPAP, but once I get there...zzzzzz

@GoneButNotForgotten...The new models (mine is almost 5 years old and is a newer one) are pretty quiet.  I was so ready for it, that I had no trouble adjusting to the full face cushion.  It changed my life.  Not sleepy during the day anymore...or while driving.  More energy.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Trusted Contributor

Cool room, heated mattress pad, pitch black for me.

Honored Contributor

I like my bedroom dark and cool like a cave; no ticking clock, or glowing LED from a clock/radio, total darkness.   Ceiling fan on low in the fall and winter, high in spring and summer.

Our mattress is firm; we use only one pillow each, and use the same cover year round; top sheet, cotton quilt, and a blanket for my husband with poor circulation.   I sleep with the sheet and quilt covering my waist to my feet only.   

Our thermostat sits on 72 year round.   

Honored Contributor

I can sleep anywhere, on anything, ON COMMAND

♥Surface of the Sun♥