Respected Contributor

Re: How do you get rid of hiccups?

I thought I invented this technique...LOL! Somehow, I discovered it. It does work everytime.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Honored Contributor

What my mom taught me to do at a very young age.  Hold my nose and drink a glass of water at the same time.  It has always worked for me to this day!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

When I had a bad cough/cold, a tablespoon of honey cut out the 'tickle' cough immediately, each time I had to cough.  Something about coating the throat so the post nasal drip doesn't irritate and/or 'tickle' the throat and cause us to automatically cough.  I'm guessing it will work for hiccups, too.  It's worth a try.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Trusted Contributor

I find if I just eat a little something, anything like a piece of bread or a cookie or a cracker they will usually stop!!

In the past when I would get them they would start off and on all day but not anymore!  Don't know why that is!Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

The only way I can get rid of them is to hold my breath for a true 30 seconds (one, one thousand, two, one thousand.......etc.)

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.