Honored Contributor

Re: How do you feel when you first wake up?

Tired. LOL! I'm a "5 more minutes" girl. When I was in college I put my alarm clock across the room so it would force me to get out of bed to turn it off!   Smiley Wink

Valued Contributor

@On It wrote:

My fatigue problem often results in my being as tired in the morning as I was when I went to bed the night before.

Oh dear, I really feel for you. One of the reasons I feel so awful first thing in the morning is because I don't sleep well, and haven't for years. And, please, don't make "helpful" suggestions. I've tried everything and I guess I'll just have to feel this way till I die--which might not be long in coming, since I'm in my 70's and have a lot of health problems. About the best I can do is to take a deep breath and not take it out on my family.

Honored Contributor

I'm a morning person and just wake up and start my day.  After letting the dog out I stretch and start my workouts with resistence exercises and Zumba.  Then walk with my dog for 2-3 miles.  Do some work around the house then shower.  

Respected Contributor

@PuppyLoverBob666 wrote:

I usually feel like death for the first hour or two, and rather than speak, I snarl. I try to avoid human interaction for a while, too, for the sake of people I have to interact with.

It's hard to try to act like a normal human being but if I didn't restrain my vile mood, everyone would hate me.

I felt much like that as well until I was diagnosed with sleep apnea.  My lack of oxygen during the night had bad affects that I wasn't aware of.  After treatment I now feel fine, except for the early morning creaky bones.

Esteemed Contributor

I wake up tired and have what must be a Melatonin hangover.  I feel like krap in general and stay that way until I have coffee.

I would give up a body part for 7 or 8 hours of solid sleep.  Melatonin, well I sleep for anywhere from 15 min. to an hour and then wide awake for 3 or 4 hours, rinse and repeat.

The other night took darn Melatonin, fell asleep an hour later for 10 minutes. Rest of the night I watched Lethal Weapon, Lethal Weapon 2 and Red. Was bright eyed and bushy tailed all night, slept another 45 min., got up and dragged all day.

It is insane.

Honored Contributor

I'm pretty much a morning person. I do notice I am a little more stiff in the mornings then I used to be. We get up usually between 5:30 and 6:00 am, get the coffee going first thing, then turn the news on and read the paper.

We were a family of 4. Two of us were morning people...the other two...not so much.  We morning people used to have a joke about the two who were not morning people. It was "uh oh....the birds stopped singing...they must be up"!

Honored Contributor

@PuppyLoverBob666   I love my morning time!  I get up about 3AM...occasionally earlier....make some delicious Almond milk with coffee and dark chocolate....feed my two pups their breakfast...then  just have a wonderful morning watching TV....on the computer...doing chores...and working on hobby stuff.  DH sleeps in to 7AM.

My days are long....can not wait to go to bed EARLY😄

Honored Contributor

Depends on what time I wake up.

I don't have fixed times of going to bed and getting up.  

If I wake up too early - I'll go put on a pot of coffee and go back to bed and read for awhile.

Otherwise - I'll get up - make the coffee and check my email waiting for it to brew.

Mornings are my "slow" hours.  

Esteemed Contributor

Bright eyed and bushy tailed.  I'm a morning person.

Honored Contributor

I feel good when I wake up, and can jump up and get moving if I have to.  However, I generally do not like to get up early!  

I like to lie on my back, twist my neck, flex my toes, bend my arm and legs, wiggle my fingers, and just stretch my body for at least 20+ minutes before I sit up on the side of the bed and then stand.  

At 67, I am blessed to have no major aches and pains.   Many years of knee pain was taken away with knee replacement surgery, and I can't say I have anything that hurts on a regular basis now; haven't had a headache in a very long time.  Sometimes I have some neck twinges based on how I sleep, but never much to complain about.