Esteemed Contributor

Re: How do you feel when you first wake up?

[ Edited ]

I have to get up and get going in the morning.I usually feel pretty good. No time to fool around with 2 dogs waiting to go out and hungry.  After they're taken care of I have coffee, listen to talk radio.  Then I have to play with my Lab puppy in the yard or she will eat the furniture.  Husband doesn't get up til 10am. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Trusted Contributor

I'm very much a morning person. 

I wake up (on my own) between 4:00 - 4:30 AM.  I wish I could sleep at least a little longer, but I can't. My father has always been the same way, so it seems I take after him.

Once I'm up, I go into the bathroom and put on whatever I'm going to exercise in.  I go downstairs, let out the dogs, feed them, and then make myself coffee.  I sit at my computer for about an hour or so.  I do a lot of mindless browsing, but who cares?  It is only 4:30 AM!  lol

I then take my dogs for a walk and then go back out myself to exercise.  I do a brisk walk and then jog for about 15 minutes. I come back in and go on the elliptical while I watch the news.  I take a shower and get ready for the day.  During the school year, I am ready by 7:00 AM.  During the summer, I am a little more lax.  I'm usually ready for the day by 8:00 AM.  If I'm not showered and ready by then, I feel very "off."  I guess I'm just used to my routine.

A lot of people comment on how they wish they had my energy, but I need to keep it real.  I am absolutely exhausted by late afternoon and I'm usually up in bed by 9:00 PM.  It's hard for me to keep my eyes open and it makes me feel bad because my husband is a night owl.  My kids have been staying up later than me too!

I don't mind getting up so early because it gives me some time to myself. 

Honored Contributor

It depends on what kind of night I have had.  If I sleep half decent, then I'm not too bad.  But I usually have broken sleep, so I am rather groggy for about 1/2 to one hour after first getting up.  I try to not be mean or talk much because it starts the day off badly!  So, I speak little for awhile, get my coffee and cereal and hide out in the game room and check out what is happening on the computer.  After giving myself a little time, I am more prepared to tackle things!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I feel alive and content. I'm beginning to face my mortality and I plan to enjoy every day and everyone.

Super Contributor

I feel lethargic.  Im not a wake-up & get-up person,

Honored Contributor

I’m a Night Owl. 🦉 

Married to a Lark 🐦 

Ever notice how often that happens?

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

Yes Grateful. And I always wake up with this thought:  TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE REST OF MY LIFE, MAKE IT COUNT. 

Esteemed Contributor

@PuppyLoverBob666 wrote:

I usually feel like death for the first hour or two, and rather than speak, I snarl. I try to avoid human interaction for a while, too, for the sake of people I have to interact with.

It's hard to try to act like a normal human being but if I didn't restrain my vile mood, everyone would hate me.

Depends on how I went to bed............

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life