Honored Contributor

Re: How do you feel when you first wake up?

I pretty much hit the ground running. I prepare a lunch for my son. I make a fresh fruit salad and sandwich.

I also feed the birds. I try and get out there and feed them before they hit the birdfeeders. I also feed them apple, strawberries, cherries, grapes and blueberries. And they go for the bird seed, sunflower kernels, peanuts and meal worms before they touch the fruit. Go figure.

And now that it is summer, I water the plants. I know the sun will be beating on them soon, so I make sure they are watered.

And try and do a load of wash while I am at it. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My first thought is if I'm hot or cold.  Usually cold.  I need that snooze alarm for a minute.

I am not a morning person, and never have been.

Me first thing!

No photo description available.

Valued Contributor

Very slowly and please be quiet while I have my first cup of coffee. 

Honored Contributor

No aches and pains or creaks, but I usually wake up kinda stuffy and sometimes dizzy, so I usually try to sit up slowly and make sure I'm not going to go off to one side when I start walking.  And sometimes I wake up with a bad headache, so if it's early enough I'll take something and lay back down until the medicine starts working.

Honored Contributor

@ThinkingOutLoud wrote:

@PuppyLoverBob666  Sounds like you (and those around you) could benefit from listing 10-20 things you're grateful for before getting out of bed.

@ThinkingOutLoud  Maybe later in the morning, but first thing I deal with achy bones and a mildly groggy feeling. Before I can be properly grateful , I need caffeine and the paper. If l'm not in the obits, I'm good to go. LOL 🤣🤣

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Regular Contributor

Grateful. Being a morning person I get out of bed immediately usually about 5:30 a.m. because that's when the dog barks because he sees or senses the cats outside. Anyway, I get the coffee going, watch the morning news, check out my e-mails. By that time it's about 9:00. Do some bicycling on the stationery for 30 minutes. Afterwards I kick my feet up get ready for a nap!! LIFE IS GOOD.   

Trusted Contributor

@nyc1 wrote:

I actually spring out of bed.  My husband is amazed and says I wake up like I've been up for hours.   I have instant energy,  am happy and love the morning.  I really try to keep the energy level contained if he's awake too since he wakes up a lot more slowly.  I'm pretty respectful of that.

Must be an NYC thing!  That is exactly how I am.  My husband is the opposite!

Honored Contributor

I'm an early-morning person. I get up before the sun rises and get my day started by walking on my treadmill for a short 15-minute brisk walk. I feel good after that and then i go about my day do the rest of my exercises and stuff. Staying fit keeps me feeling good even right after I first wake up.

Esteemed Contributor

I envy you energetic morning people.  I never was a morning person.  I always feel so tired when I get up.  I don't take anything for sleep and don't want to so I don't sleep well.  I think it's just age.............

Honored Contributor

I'm very grateful to feel as great that I do at 68 years old. I've been a type 1 diabetic for the past 44 years. I've lost quite a bit of weight recently and have taken up power walking. I wake up in the mornigs feel wonderful! I immediately put on my walking clothes and get ready to do my 5 mile walk. Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"