Honored Contributor

Re: How do you define courage?

Courage has so many legitimate meanings....  to me it means being more afraid than you've ever been in your life.... but you do what you need to do anyway.... whatever that may be. 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

I like the grace under pressure comment someone mentioned. One of the traits that I always admire in people is the ability to face any kind of trauma in their life without a complaining, woe is me attitude. I try to follow the words "if the Lord brings you to it, He will see you through it." This takes a lot of courage for any of us.
Honored Contributor

Combating injustice.........

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Grace under pressure, doing what seems impossible, putting others before yourself and showing "no greater love" come to mind.
Honored Contributor

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you for your beautiful thoughts. Courage comes in many ways and posters you gave me a great understanding. 

Esteemed Contributor

Teenager Burned While Saving Grandfather From House Fire

By Jenny White. CREATED Jul 21, 2015

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - A teenager in Hermitage is being called a hero after running through a burning house to save a family member.

Arthur Tate spoke to NewsChannel 5 from his hospital bed at Vanderbilt University Medical Center Tuesday.

Tate woke up early Monday morning at his home on Tyler Drive to his grandfather yelling for him to get out of the house.

“I was in my room and I heard my grandfather yelling to get out of the window,” said Tate.

The 17-year-old said he knew that if he jumped to safety out the window his grandpa would be trapped in his room. So he opened the door and ran through the fire.

http://www.scrippsmedia.com/newschannel5/news/Teenager-Burned-While-Saving-Grandfather-From-House-Fi...

A good example of it.......

Respected Contributor

I can be quite an anxious person.  Yet when I have to summon courage, it usually arrives.  I think of it as an energy source that powers me up to do things that have to be done (such as medical tests and procedures) or to say things that I've decided have to be said (I don't mean on here--at work or in support of loved ones).  

Honored Contributor

I think you can have courage in one area of your life but not another.  For example...you may have the courage to face the hardships of an illness but not the courage to stand up for yourself.  I guess with that in mind, I would say courage is what gives us the determination to conquer all those things in life that could steal our joy or cripple us physically, emotionally, or spiritually.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Facing and accepting who you are even if others reject you.

Putting others before you, no matter how much you have to give up.

Giving, lovingly, knowing you will get nothing in return.

Always fighting back, despite one's fear.

Forgiving, knowing there will be no forgiveness in return.

Living your own truth.

Facing death, knowing there is no eternity.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986