Trusted Contributor

How do you define courage?

[ Edited ]
Courage to me is facing hard times. May it be a life threating disease, loss of a love one. The list can go on and on. To be able to fight to survive and win. To adjust to life that has changed so much for you. To say I won't take it anymore . Courage to not live in fear or courage to go beyond your past. Yes how do you define one of the most important words in the dictionary . I do think all of us one time or another had courage to do something life changing. I know I did many times and still do.
Honored Contributor

Re: How do you define courage?

Staying married..........

Honored Contributor

@Vickiv wrote:
Courage to me is facing hard times. May it be a life threating disease, loss of a love one. The list can go on and on. To be able to fight to survive and win. To adjust to life that has changed so much for you. To say I won't take it anymore . Courage to not live in fear or courage to go beyond your past. Yes how do you define one of the most important words in the dictionary . I do think all of us one time or another had courage to do something life changing. I know I did many times.

You defined it perfectly...I can't find words to add to it. Like you, I myself have survived many tough life changing events. One of them is being a 11 yr lung cancer survivor Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

"Courage is Grace under pressure"~Heart

.....Ernest Hemingway

Respected Contributor

for me, courage is mustering the determination to move forward in the face of a situation that has the potential to knock you down in life. when you are able to face your fears and rise from the ashes, you become a much stronger person. I'm still here. that's my proof.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Trusted Contributor

Facing something you always feared.....and going through it.
Esteemed Contributor

Courage is going forward despite feeling fear.  I think it can apply to many things in our daily lives.  For some, it might simply be getting out of bed to face another day. 

Honored Contributor

Courage is the ability to beat the h*ll out of cancer, despite the fear it creates, and win.  We are often stronger than we think, especially in the face of hardship and/or disease.  The following description encompasses COURAGE and explains it well. 

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Respected Contributor

I don't know how to definite it; I just know it when I see it. 

Honored Contributor

Courage is doing the thing you know is right no matter how hard it is.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras