Super Contributor

Re: How did you celebrate your 50th? Did you have a party?

Just went out to dinner. With two kids in college at the time, certainly wasn't going to waste money having a party. I'm not that type anyway. Don't care for parties. I'd rather just stay home and get take out or go out to dinner.

Honored Contributor

Mine is this year and I definitely don't want a party or a big event. I have always had low key birthdays and that is what I prefer.
Honored Contributor

Mine was low key too but I still enjoyed it.

Super Contributor

On 1/17/2014 loveschocolate said: Mine is this year and I definitely don't want a party or a big event. I have always had low key birthdays and that is what I prefer.

(((loves))) happy birthday early, sweetie! You have to have a chocolate cake at least! I'll even come over and help you eat it. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Esteemed Contributor

I agree it is a milestone birthday and must be celebrated. For my 50th, I jumped out of a perfectly good airplane. It was exhilarating! It was filmed and pictures were taken. While it was an awesome experience, I have no desire to do it again.

For my 60th last year, I ziplined. That also was a wonderful, fun experience and that I will do again!

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Trusted Contributor

My 50th birthday fell on Thanksgiving. We had a traditional celebration. The following summer my husband took me on a memorable trip to Italy.

Super Contributor

I went to London for 6 days.

Respected Contributor

I hope I celebrate life. I don't celebrate birthdays--no one in my family does. Some of my friends take birthdays seriously and I do hear from them.

50 wasn't a biggie for me personally. 60? Yes, it was. But cause for celebration, too. Lots of people in my family have died long before that birthday.

It's nice for the FL to have a big celebration, though. She doesn't really get to enjoy her family on a daily basis, as many Americans do and take for granted.

Valued Contributor

For the life of me I can't remember.
Honored Contributor

On 1/17/2014 rondell said:
On 1/17/2014 loveschocolate said: Mine is this year and I definitely don't want a party or a big event. I have always had low key birthdays and that is what I prefer.

(((loves))) happy birthday early, sweetie! You have to have a chocolate cake at least! I'll even come over and help you eat it. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Chocolate cake for sure!!! C'mon over!