Regular Contributor

How did you celebrate your 50th? Did you have a party?

It's a milestone birthday and should be celebrated.

Anyone care to share?

Honored Contributor

Re: How did you celebrate your 50th? Did you have a party?

I went to work.

Honored Contributor

i had a "normal" day.....i did receive some gifts and we went out to dinner, but overall it was very low key and that is how i wanted it!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

Biancardi's 50th birthday coming up in a few months actually made me think of my own...a long time ago. {#emotions_dlg.laugh} We went out to dinner had Mexican food, came home to a huge cake baked at the bakery. It was marble cake with butter cream frosting decorated with a bouquet of roses in three different shades of purple. Besides me of course, {#emotions_dlg.laugh}, there was DH and our children in attendance. They sang happy birthday to me and each said something nice about me. The candles was just a 5 and a 0. They told me they didn't want wax or spit all over the cake! {#emotions_dlg.lol}

I had forgotten all about that until now. It's a nice memory for me.

Super Contributor

Nothing special.
Respected Contributor

I try not to think about it because it turned out to be somewhat disappointing. In Feb, the weather here is usually cold & gloomy, one of my sisters who was working nights at the time almost fell asleep in her lunch. My other sister who lives nearby just made an appearance & when I asked her to go to a movie with me she said she'd made other plans with friends. Not being whiny about it, just pointing out that sometimes we expect too much & just set ourselves up for disappointment.

However, I do hope you have a wonderful 50th celebration!

Honored Contributor

I most likely went out to lunch with my local son and to dinner with my husband...same as my 60th.
Honored Contributor

I "celebrated" mine, unconscious in the hospital with Meningitis and Encephalitis. I missed my entire birthday. When I regained consciousness, it was the next day.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

On 1/17/2014 rondell said:

Biancardi's 50th birthday coming up in a few months actually made me think of my own...a long time ago. {#emotions_dlg.laugh} We went out to dinner had Mexican food, came home to a huge cake baked at the bakery. It was marble cake with butter cream frosting decorated with a bouquet of roses in three different shades of purple. Besides me of course, {#emotions_dlg.laugh}, there was DH and our children in attendance. They sang happy birthday to me and each said something nice about me. The candles was just a 5 and a 0. They told me they didn't want wax or spit all over the cake! {#emotions_dlg.lol}

I had forgotten all about that until now. It's a nice memory for me.

That is an excellent memory, RondellSmiley Happy
Respected Contributor

Probably nothing special....my birthday is so close to Christmas and other birthdays in the family it's like ""ho hum""