Honored Contributor

How can I prevent my notifications from disappearing before I read more than one of them?

Sorry, I’m not sure where to post this question. When I open one notification all the other ones disappear before I can read them. What is the solution for this problem?

Honored Contributor

Re: How can I prevent my notifications from disappearing before I read more than one of them?

When you click on notifications, you should see all of them.

Honored Contributor

Re: How can I prevent my notifications from disappearing before I read more than one of them?

Thanks for replying to my question. I see them all listed but when I click on one to go to the posting and read what was said the notifications all disappear. I want to read what was written by each poster and I can’t 

Honored Contributor

That’s odd, @Mindy D.  Anytime I click on it, I see all of them:/

i hope someone else else answers this for you.

Honored Contributor

I see all of them listed when I first click on Notifications. When I select one of the Notifications go go to and read what was written and then I return to th list of my Notifications they are all not there anymore. I hope I’m being clear in my explanation. we should be able to delete Notifications one by one, after we leave the Notification listing to go read a single Notification. I hope I’m making sense. Somehow I think there could be a better way to explain what is happening.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mindy D, by disappear do you mean they are no longer highlighted in yellow?

I will tell you how I handle notifications.  When I see that I have a notification I right click on the link and select open in a new tab.  If I want to go to the post the notification is about I right click on that link and select open in new tab.

When done with the thread that prompted the notification I close that tab and am brought back to the notification listing and repeat for each one I'm interested in checking.

When done with notifications I close that tab and am taken back to the main topic listing.

However, I am using a PC.  If you are using another type of device the foregoing may not work.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

I know once I click on one of them, the color disappears from all the newer ones, but I can still access everything when I click on notifications again.  (laptop here -  with Windows 7)

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

Sorry, I’m not sure where to post this question. When I open one notification all the other ones disappear before I can read them. What is the solution for this problem?

@Mindy D  It just happened to me 10 minutes ago. QVC has a wonderfully trained, up to the minute IT dept. You didn’t know? 😂

Esteemed Contributor

All I can tell you is that when I go to notifications all of them are there.  If one is new it is highlighted in yellow and once I read that one the highlighting disappears from the others that are highlighted but none disappear.  I don't know why you are losing your notifications and perhaps the moderators can answer that question for you.  

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

I see all of them listed when I first click on Notifications. When I select one of the Notifications go go to and read what was written and then I return to th list of my Notifications they are all not there anymore. I hope I’m being clear in my explanation. we should be able to delete Notifications one by one, after we leave the Notification listing to go read a single Notification. I hope I’m making sense. Somehow I think there could be a better way to explain what is happening.

You're crystal clear.  The exact same thing happens to me with notifications.  Wish I could view one at a time, but I gave up.