Trusted Contributor

How can I make paragraphs? What setting?

I type things out correctly, then post and it is all one block of words. It is hard to read posts like that. Is there a setting I am not seeing to fix it?
Valued Contributor

Re: How can I make paragraphs? What setting?

If you press the enter and shift keys at the same time, this will start a new paragraph for you.
Be sure to press two times to leave a space in between.. 

It took me a while to learn that! 

That's how we roll in the shire..
Honored Contributor

I didn't know there was a setting.  

I just space down two lines using the 'enter' key.

I will add - Yay for paragraphs!  I can't even read large posts that are all scrunched into one ginormo-paragraph, so I just pass on by.  Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

OK, I just learned that you only have to press the enter key!

Thanks chickenbutt!gold thanks.jpg

That's how we roll in the shire..
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

gabstoomuch wrote:
I type things out correctly, then post and it is all one block of words. It is hard to read posts like that. Is there a setting I am not seeing to fix it?

@gabstoomuch, Two things to look at:

1 -- Take a second to look at your settings.  (In the drop-down menu under your name, upper right corner of every page, or the Quick Links menu on the left side of each page.)  Under "Preferences," "Preference Options," be sure you have not checked the box next to "Ignore HTML."  (If you change it, be sure to click "SAVE" before you exit the settings page.)

2 -- When you type your posts, be sure "Rich Text" is chosen (at the top of the reply box you're typing in) instead of "HTML."  (You can check "Use the Rich Text Editor tab by default" in your Preferences for this.")  Using the "enter" or "return" key won't have an effect unless you're using rich text.

hth!

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Trusted Contributor

Thanks everyone!

I found a setting (while looking to make sure HTML was unchecked) that says "use rich text by default". I checked that so now I should be good.

Honored Contributor

gabstoomuch wrote:

Thanks everyone!

I found a setting (while looking to make sure HTML was unchecked) that says "use rich text by default". I checked that so now I should be good.

@gabstoomuch, We were posting at the same time!  I had forgotten that part of my post and added it to my response at the same time you were replying.

I'm glad all is well!

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Why not just double space as in typing a letter???