Honored Contributor

How about a Virtual Visit to Disneyland? or Disney World?

That's one thing in the future I'd love to be able to partake in.  Our bodies no longer would allow it, but the mind and heart would love that.  I hope everyone that has access to these places, doesn't take them for granted and goes and visits them.  If you would like to and can afford it of course.  That's still what I'd call a destination of my personal desire.

Do you have a place you'd like to visit that way, if there's not another option available?  Where or what would you like to see or visit?

Honored Contributor

Re: How about a Virtual Visit to Disneyland? or Disney World?

Not Disney World, I think that is a hand on experience that you have to experience on the ground.  Travel is not just about being able to do it physically, it's also the expense of some trips.  I'd love to visit the Amazon Rain Forest,  I'd love to see the Pyramids, I'd love to see the Nazca Line,  I'd love to see the temples in Nepal.  There are also tours to some wonderfully adventurous places specifically designed for seniors.  But the costs!  Yes, I would indeed be interested in "virtual" trips to those places.   I don't think the type of virtual trip I envision exists now but someday, they will.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Not Disney World, I think that is a hand on experience that you have to experience on the ground.  Travel is not just about being able to do it physically, it's also the expense of some trips.  I'd love to visit the Amazon Rain Forest,  I'd love to see the Pyramids, I'd love to see the Nazca Line,  I'd love to see the temples in Nepal.  There are also tours to some wonderfully adventurous places specifically designed for seniors.  But the costs!  Yes, I would indeed be interested in "virtual" trips to those places.   I don't think the type of virtual trip I envision exists now but someday, they will.

Since you are going to work until you are at least 70, I would think you should have plenty of money by then. 

Honored Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

Since you are going to work until you are at least 70, I would think you should have plenty of money by then. 

Gotta bee up your butt today...?

Trusted Contributor

I take "virtual visits" on my computer a few times a week via Youtube.   For example yesterday I searched "Walking Rome" and it brought up several channels of people just walking the streets of Rome with a GoPro camera.   Just search  Walking and whatever desitnation you want.  There are lots and lots of Walking Disneyland and Disneyworld.  I love it.

Honored Contributor

@CoffeeNut wrote:

I take "virtual visits" on my computer a few times a week via Youtube.   For example yesterday I searched "Walking Rome" and it brought up several channels of people just walking the streets of Rome with a GoPro camera.   Just search  Walking and whatever desitnation you want.  There are lots and lots of Walking Disneyland and Disneyworld.  I love it.

Wow thanks.  See, ask and you shall receive!! Woman LOL

Trusted Contributor

@qualitygal  I'm so glad you posted this because I was going to start a thread about doing this because it is so awesome.  I love searching and watching places I have been to and places that are on my bucket list to go.  This evening I'm going to watch...Walking Pompei.  There is one on there that is almost 2 hours.  I went to Pompei 15 years ago and this will bring back wonderful memories.

Honored Contributor

Quality Girl - I think with a bit a preplanning a trip to Disneyland or Walt Disney World are still doable. Everyday, they deal with many people with disabilities, mental and physical and people that need extra help and assistance. They know how to handle people that need an extra hand.

When I was a young pup, we went to Disneyland. My Dad was so impressed that as soon as Walt Disney World opened, we went. And we kept going every year or so. I worked for Disney for 6+ years and bought into the DVC Disney Vacation Club. 

Is there any specific reason that you think you could not handle going to the parks? There are certain times of year that the park is extra crowded but I don't think you are interested in going for Halloween or Spring Break. 

But I must admit doing a virtual tour is a whole lot easier. No long lines at the airport. Having to deal with packing and handling your bags. Alot easier to click a mouse and there you are.  

Regular Contributor

We were at Disneyland yesterday. Took my daughter. So much fun🏰
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

God willin' and the creek don't rise and Disney doesn't continue to go wayyyyyyyyyyyy up on their prices- along with dogs' being allowed, not just service mind ya, we'll be paying to park, yes park at any Disney hotel on property...  Like at our cabin at Fort Wilderness, we'll be paying an extra $12.00 + tax to park A DAY in a dedicated spot along side the very expensive golf cart we rent from them....  before long we'll be donating blood to pay for our annual passes...............   Any Who, we're seniors and go to DisneyWorld twice a year for one week plus we're Un. of Tennessee donors and don't miss a home football game plus we travel from time to time.  We even went to both Disney and Tennessee while my husband was going through radiation therapy..  Like we say, we got tickets and we're going!!!  Keeps us younger at heart and these old sore, painful joints moving!!

Do what you can while you can!!!!!!!!!!!  I say, "Go for it"...  Heart

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee