Honored Contributor

How Have You And Your Spouse Always Differed?

I know we're all different.  We were reared in different homes, taught different things, nd learned from our parents as we became adults.  No argument from me there.  

In what way are the two of you different?  You think it's necessary, him, "not so much".  We could be refering to anything at all.  You know, the "eye roll" moment.  Maybe it wasn't visual to anyone else or you may just look up to the heavens and say"Why?".Even brothers and sisters reared by the same parents have differences!   Yet, it's there you've fought and tolerated what all of these years?  

With us, it's always been timeing.  Horrible.  The world runs on "time".  Think of school starting, doctor's apointments, work!  Where do you get to have a choice?  ( I know where he learned this and I ain't goin' there!)!!!

That's what drives me nuts.  That's what I've fought for onlu 41 years!  Run out the door with the kids whom you've allowed to be late.  How do you know every light will be green?

Your turn ladies!!!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: How Have You And Your Spouse Always Differed?

He likes bar soap, while I prefer shower gel.

Honored Contributor

Simple answer. Spending.

hnj

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

Different as night and day.  About to celebrate 50 years together.  We are best friends.  We focus on how we make it work, not how it breaks down..... best advice for a happy marriage. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Forty-four years ago we were quite different but now we've adopted each other's bad habits.  

Esteemed Contributor

My husband is a "morning person" and I'm not.  He's bright eyed and bushy tailed, chatty, radio or tv going and ready t greet the world.  I like quiet in the morning, no early phone calls just to chat, no tv...just quiet.

I'm a night owl. When my children were babies and preschool age, I did some housework after they went to bed, put the house back together, laundry, etc.  I got used to it.  Before I go upstairs at night, everything is put back in order so I don't have to look at a mess in the morning.  LOL!

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

He's everything I'm not and I'm everything he's not, that's what has kept us together for 45 years.

Honored Contributor

We're different money wise.  And it turns out to be good.  I'm a spender, sometimes a compulsive one.  My husband is the exact opposite.  He's very tight with money.  Never wants to spend on a vacation, or things our neighbors have like a boat, etc.  Never wanted to go to Europe, anyplace in the U.S. just to visit.  We never went out to eat. It seems everything he earns gets scraped in to savings, CD's, the stock market, etc.  When my son was very little, he wouldn't let me work.  And it was torture going to the supermarket.  He would constantly complain how expensive food was.  My child had 2nd and flea market clothes.  I never bought clothes for myself.   Well I work now, and my husband still hasn't changed.  But thanks to him we have money for college for out son, cd's and good (so far) financially set.  It wouldn't have happen had it been me as the breadwinner!  That is the major difference between us.  Otherwise we are very compatible.  We have the sense of humor and outlook on life.  

Respected Contributor

He's outgoing - I'm more reserved.

I'm neat and organized and a planner - He's more of a "live in the moment" person.

Trusted Contributor

DH is a saver, I'm a spender.