Regular Contributor

How Do You Keep Your IPad Screen Clean ?

Was wondering how you keep your iPad screen clean. Just hate seeing finger tip marks on the screen when it's turned off. Usually I just use a soft cloth to wipe it off. Just looking for any other suggestions. Thanks !
Honored Contributor

Re: How Do You Keep Your IPad Screen Clean ?

They told me at the Apple Store to use nothing except a microfiber cloth, like you would use for eyeglasses.

Honored Contributor

I do the same thing Terrier does.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

I have a screen protector on mine that is textured (like an orange peel). That keeps it from getting fingerprint marks for the most part. When I need to clean it I will either use a microfiber cloth or I will use one of those pre-moistened lens cleaning wipes.

Honored Contributor

Screens on ALL electronics (no particular brand) are made of "Gorilla Glass"...totally resistant to scratches. There's no need to worry about scratches....just won't happen. Also no need to use a special cloth.

To eliminate smudges? That's harder...eliminate lotion, creams, foods & don't touch your face while using your device. Impossible, yes?

I just grab anything to wipe it clean after every use...bottom of a T-shirt, dishcloth, even a couch cushion...anything! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Don't own anyy of the "I" devices, too much $$$$$$ for my budget, and I prefer Android. I use a microfiber cloth on all our screens, including TV sets. If something sticky is on them? A spritz of H2o on the cloth and---Whal-lah!
hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

Zeiss lens cleaning wipes. I bought a few boxes in Walmart and they really work...Great for eyeglasses and computer screens.
Super Contributor

The only way you can keep them clean is with constant cleaning. The Apple stores sell a spray cleaner to be used with a microfiber cloth.

Respected Contributor

I use the eyeglass spray and microfiber cloth that my optometrist gave me. I had a cover for the screen but then I stopped using it, why lose out on the clarity of the Ipad?