Respected Contributor

How Do I Get Rid of Air Pack Shipping Material?

Do you sincerely believe there are no dumb questions?

Today is garbage day, and once again I am staring at this pile of air packs. If I put the air packs in a garbage bag, it will be so light that before the garbage truck gets here, I will have to retrieve it from neighbors' yards ten times.

I don't want to sit inside with a pin and poke each pack, releasing whatever quality of air is in there into my house.

I don't have anything heavy to put on top of a filled garbage bag that I wouldn't want to risk the garbage guys taking by accident.

Duh. 

Respected Contributor

Re: How Do I Get Rid of Air Pack Shipping Material?

As soon as I receive a box with one I jab the packs with scissors and leave them in the box then put the box out for the garbage on garbage night.

Honored Contributor

We use a box cutter to jab holes in the air packs, I dont think you have a choice.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Super Contributor

I fill ALL my purses with them when not in use!  If they pop after a long time or deflate, just wait for your next order!!!

Honored Contributor

I never give a thought to the quality of air.  I shove my finger into each one and pop them.  And then I put the flat plastic in with my other plastic bags that I recycle. 

If you are that concerned, put on a mask ( they are multi-purpose) , go outside, pop them and you're done. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Many of  pillow air filled shipping material  is recyclable with  your plastic bags etc.( I take to my local Safeway to recycle)  look for the triangle on the packaging

Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

I never give a thought to the quality of air.  I shove my finger into each one and pop them.  And then I put the flat plastic in with my other plastic bags that I recycle. 

If you are that concerned, put on a mask ( they are multi-purpose) , go outside, pop them and you're done. 

I poke the bigger ones with a scissor to remove the air and I walk all over the little ones to smash them.  The I put them in my bag of plastic bags that I put into the recycle bin at Walmart.  That is the only place in my area to recycle plastic bags that I know of.  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Respected Contributor

Problem solved. I filled a large garbage bag with enough real garbage to weigh it down and then added the air packs. 

Sometimes I need to write something down to stimulate my brain cells.

Heart

Honored Contributor

@4kitties wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

I poke the bigger ones with a scissor to remove the air and I walk all over the little ones to smash them.  The I put them in my bag of plastic bags that I put into the recycle bin at Walmart.  That is the only place in my area to recycle plastic bags that I know of.  

@4kitties - sometimes I'll stab them with scissors to pop them. Just depends on what kind of mood I'm in, LOL. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Regular Contributor

My grandsons always want to pop them!  Problem solved.  Smiley Happy