Respected Contributor

@Phantom41 wrote:

I don't get the point of these things.  Where would you use one of them and why - just to roll around??

I agree.  My nephew got one for Christmas.  I guess if you were riding around with friends, I don't know.  These are acccidents waiting to happen. And when you charge them, you can only charge them for two hours so you almost have to babysit the thing because overcharging is where the problems begin.  

I can see the novelty wearing off real quick and they are not cheap. 

I have heard there are real hover boards that hover.  We are approaching the George jetson age. Just tragedies waiting to happen. 

Valued Contributor

Back to classes...and I was right.

Now that students are returning from their winter break, some major universities have started a new ban of hover boards on campus.

They stated on the news that campus police at several universities will CONFISCATE any hover board one might be found to be riding at schools which have now banned them.

Repeat offenders caught riding their hover boards on campus property will face other or additional fines and/or problems with their school.

Soooo...be sure you check out the rules and regulations of the school campus one might be on (or where a hover board gift recipient might be attending) as many schools are just NOW imposing the ban starting now this current Spring semester 2016 (many other schools already previously banned them at the start of the school year Fall 2015).

Valued Contributor

I've been tell in' ya!

Now the FEDS have announced that ALL hover boards are dangerous and that anyone who has one should immediately stop using it. No brand is considered to be safe. The FEDs recommend all boards be returned to the retailer and/or manufacturer for refund.

The FEDs also stated that they very likely will enemy CONFISCATE all hover boards that are currently in circulation!! They have been the cause of over 50 fires in 24 states. 

I knew new this was coming! Amazon and other places were smart enough to stop selling them months ago. But I really feel for Evine which was just hover board happy since last Halloween. I even saw them still selling them on air (they easily had hundreds of presentations of them - like crazy numbers of hours/long on air presentation) even just a couple of weeks ago. I don't know what they were thinking. None are considered safe and only brand new guidelines are in place as all new shipments of them into the country will need to meet and pass higher standards of safety before any retailer can selling them         .

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it contains a link and bumped an old thread.