Esteemed Contributor

RECEIVED AN INVITE TO JOIN NEXTDOOR.COM

Anyone belong to this?  Does it generate a lot of junk email?  I am not sure if I want to put myself out there that much.  You have to give your name and address.

Anyone?

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

Re: RECEIVED AN INVITE TO JOIN NEXTDOOR.COM

I like it - it's very handy for finding out what's going on.  I live right off the highway and I've even used it to find out what was going on when I've been stuck in traffic.  

Honored Contributor

No junk mail, generally 1 e mail per day 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

I joined recently, and so far not much junk mail.

Respected Contributor

I like it.  It's been helpful with things like returning missing pets to their owners, etc.

Respected Contributor

I love nextdoor.com.  It lets you know what is going on in your neighborhood.  That being said, it is only as good as its' members.  The only email I get is once a day telling you what the top posts are.....if you are interested then you can log in.  If you post something you have the ability to get an email every time someone responds, but you don't need to use that feature if you don't want. 

Members in our city started a book club.  I would have never known about it if not for the forum.  We post the book and meeting location each month and everyone is invited to join us.  So far we average about 7 people a month.  These are 7 people I never would have met if not for the forum.

Valued Contributor

I don't get separate junk emails from it. There are a few ads contained in the body of the email that contains posts from members but they are not obnoxious.

I live in a rural area and most of the posts are about escaped cows, goats, lost and found dogs/cats. A few people ask for recommendations for heating/air conditioning companies or indicate they are available for babysitting or pet sitting. 

Honored Contributor

I haven't logged on in my area for a long time, for no particular reason.  However, when I first started viewing it regularly, I happened upon a fabulous IT guy who lives about 10 minutes from me.  Great guy!  Great service!  I'd have never known about him withiht Nextdoor.com.

Trusted Contributor

I've benefitted a lot from it:

• Sold my old sewing machine
  • My town government posts notices about fairs, holiday garbage pick up, etc.
  • Lost and found pets
  • Coyote sightings
  • Recommendations for contractors

And more.  It's been all good.

Contributor

I agree with all the ither positive comments, @tends2dogs. And you can opt out of emails completely, if you choose.