Super Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

So many people are leaving urban areas.

North Carolina is the Number 1 state for transplants.

I wish it had not started, and I wish it would stop. 🛑 

@Drythe 

They're moving here to Colorado in droves. I've lived here for over 50 years and I've never seen anything like this. Denver is a hot destination for millennials and there's already many living there already. The housing market is too expensive so the overflow of buyers/renters has spread to other cities. It's amazing how far people will drive to get to their places of work.

I think part of the problem is also availability of good grocery stores, restaurants and of course climate plays a big role.  I live in a smaller community and it's lacking everything.  One of the reasons I want to move.  With these prices it will be a while though. 

Super Contributor

@Duckncover wrote:

That is outrageous. Sooner or later the bubble will burst and a lot of people will be left with huge mortgages and a house worth half of what they paid for it.

That was actually still the case about 3 years ago.  How fast things change!

Respected Contributor
Foxxee wrote:
drizzellla wrote:

Not only Canada but China. June 15, 2021 - Department of Agriculture shows that foreign investors control nearly 30 million acres of U.S. farmland, roughly the size of Ohio. Texas has the second highest amount of foreign ownership with 3 million acres under foreign control. In Texas, the Federal Government has given the green light to allow a Chinese based energy company to purchase more than 180,000 acres of Texas land near the Rio Grande, just north of Laughlin Air Force Base.

The project includes a 30,000 square foot lodge and private runway, allowing the Chinese to move people and equipment free from Federal Government oversight. And the project will receive millions of dollars of American taxpayers subsidies.

drizzellla 

Isn't that just infuriating!!!! 

What country allows its land to be sold to foreign countries?  An insane one.  

copy/paste to read article

Published: Jan. 24, 2022 

KOLD NEWS13 - Secret Acres: Foreign-owned agricultural land inaccurately tracked by government

Federal law requires disclosure, but those records are incomplete.

(InvestigateTV) – American soil is becoming less and less American when it comes to ownership. Foreign companies are snapping up land across the country, including millions of acres of farmland. But the conversation about foreign agricultural policy is difficult to have, according to some farmers, lawmakers and researchers, because the true level of overseas ownership is largely unknown..