Honored Contributor

Re: Housewives addicted to pain pills

@hyacinth003 wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@hyacinth003

Is the pain in her joints?

Maybe going back to the RA is a good idea.  Mine has said MS and RA, and others in that category, can indicate another auto-immune illness in the family.

I really wish you the best of luck finding out what's going on with her.  Have they tested for Lupus, Lyme disease?

She describes the pain as in her knees and ankles, but then she says it also is in "her femurs."  So her whole lower body hurts.  She's fine elsewhere.  My mother had similar descriptions before we knew she had MS.  She's had a brain MRI as well as cervical, thoracic and lumbosacral spine.  She has had x-rays and MRI of her hands, x-rays of her knees and ankles.  She had an EMG.  She describes weakness in her legs, and I see her having trouble walking up stairs and she holds her arms out as if to balance herself.  She is having trouble driving longer distances now due to pain.

She has been worked up for lupus, RA, and Lyme.  My husband was negative for RA factor for a few years.  But, he not only had joint pain, he developed swelling too.  Rheumatologist mentioned fibromyalgia, but he didn't feel it strongly.  Her upper body is fine.

We're going to put her on "Mystery Diagnosis" if we ever figure it out!

Hyacinth

@hyacinth003

i'm sorry.  One mother to another, I wish I could help.  I will keep you both in my thoughts.  There has to be an answer out there 🙏🏻

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

When I was using mj it wasn't legal in my state, recreational or medical. I don't know if that has changed yet because I haven't needed it in a while. The last I knew is that there was a bill that was to be passed but I don't believe it was yet. A lot of attention was brought to this a few years ago when a little girl was having between 25-50 seizures a day. She was on hard core meds including benzos which are SUPER addictive and they weren't even helping but an oil that was made from it was reducing her seizures down to less than 5 a day. Her mom ending up moving with her to Colorado so she could get it. It was just ridiculous. She was taking xanax (and many other meds) with miligrams higher than most adults took and they are worried about weed. Are you serious? I mean where is the common sense, I just don't understand.

There is no common sense in the whole issue. In my area, illegal opiod users are given a slap on the wrist, but God forbid you get caught with a joint. 

The government just denied reclassifying marijuana, it's is still a schedule 1 drug, along with heroin, and LSD. They say it has no medicinal value, yet in other states it's completely legal for recreational and medical issues.

Big pharma doesn't want to lose the money, imo.

Honored Contributor

@nun ya wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

When I was using mj it wasn't legal in my state, recreational or medical. I don't know if that has changed yet because I haven't needed it in a while. The last I knew is that there was a bill that was to be passed but I don't believe it was yet. A lot of attention was brought to this a few years ago when a little girl was having between 25-50 seizures a day. She was on hard core meds including benzos which are SUPER addictive and they weren't even helping but an oil that was made from it was reducing her seizures down to less than 5 a day. Her mom ending up moving with her to Colorado so she could get it. It was just ridiculous. She was taking xanax (and many other meds) with miligrams higher than most adults took and they are worried about weed. Are you serious? I mean where is the common sense, I just don't understand.

There is no common sense in the whole issue. In my area, illegal opiod users are given a slap on the wrist, but God forbid you get caught with a joint. 

The government just denied reclassifying marijuana, it's is still a schedule 1 drug, along with heroin, and LSD. They say it has no medicinal value, yet in other states it's completely legal for recreational and medical issues.

Big pharma doesn't want to lose the money, imo.

@nun ya  That's a fact.  There is no need for people to suffer not only from pain but also from illnesses such as MS, Lupus, cancer, - the list goes on.  They give just enough to make life "tolerable" but no cure. 

Medicinal marijuana has been used (illegally) for a long, long time.  It's too bad that the old image of "reefer madness" is still in the forefront.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Trusted Contributor

This topic really hits close to home for me, right now.  I have recently developed a serious problem with scar tissue from my breast cancer surgeries over 6 years ago.

The scar tissue is wrapping around my nerves and my muscles in my back and lower chest, causing exruciating pain.  The doctors are trying to come up with an effective pain reliever, but I won't take anything that might be addictive.  It's been a hard job to find something strong enough to relieve the pain without being addictive. 

I am going to start physical therapy this week, so I'm hoping that will help.