Honored Contributor

Re: Houses Under Construction

@lolakimono wrote:

@Cats3000 wrote:

You read too much FB.  Might be a state law or local law involved.  A matter for the people who are having the house built, the builders. and the propsective owners' attorney.  If they don't have an attorney, that's their problem.  Move on.

?

@Cats3000 

Are you confusing me with someone else?

I brought a topic here to discuss because it generated a lot of comments there and I thought people here might want to weigh in.

I am not in any way invested in this person's new build.

Don't fret for even a second about that post. I'll leave it at that. :-) @lolakimono 

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Ive seen fencing around commercial builds, never around a residential property.  What would the do if building a whole subdivision? 

Exactly. Our house was being built at the same time as others on our street and building went on in the subdivision for several years. There were never any fences around the houses being built.

Respected Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Ive seen fencing around commercial builds, never around a residential property.  What would the do if building a whole subdivision? 

The whole site would be blocked off

Nope. I've moved into a new house in two states where homes continue to be built while people are living in the completed homes on the same street. No fencing at all.

Respected Contributor

@happycat wrote:

If I were the homeowner, I wouldn't like it a bit. I always lived in rural areas, we honestly never had any new homes being built anywhere where we lived. 

I'd be worried if I were the homeowner because of personal liability if these kids get hurt. 

Our home sits back off the road, and as soon as we bought the property where it sits, we kept the gate locked. We had a rent house close by and I'd run up here and unlock the gate when I knew we were going to have workers. 

When our house here in AZ (south of Tucson) was being built we stayed in a townhouse about three miles away. One morning we saw an article in the local paper that a group of illegal border crossers had been picked up while sleeping in a partially completed home and named the street our house was on. Well, our house was the only one under construction on that street at the time so we knew it was ours. Turned out no harm was done but it was shocking at the time.

Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@lolakimono wrote:

@Cats3000 wrote:

You read too much FB.  Might be a state law or local law involved.  A matter for the people who are having the house built, the builders. and the propsective owners' attorney.  If they don't have an attorney, that's their problem.  Move on.

?

@Cats3000 

Are you confusing me with someone else?

I brought a topic here to discuss because it generated a lot of comments there and I thought people here might want to weigh in.

I am not in any way invested in this person's new build.

Don't fret for even a second about that post. I'll leave it at that. :-) @lolakimono 

@suzyQ3  I agree.  Wow!!

Esteemed Contributor

New houses are being constructed all around our subdivision.  No fences anywhere.  It's not just kids.  I've explored new houses under construction as an adult.   (I accidentally stepped on a nail that went thru my shoe and into my heel a few years back - had to get a tetnus shot)

The builders, not the home's future owner, are liable for any damage.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

There's a development site directly behind my property.  In the age of surveillance I wouldn't go past those private property signs.  I'm not inclined to do that, anyway, but I told DH not to set foot beyond our bounds.  Out of respect more than anything.

I do however harbor a fantasy whereby I cut the cord juicing the generator leading from the construction trailer to the pole carrying the electric line.  It's pretty dark out there and there are thousands of linear feet of line but I just couldn't live with myself!  (and of course it would be replaced in a heartbeat). Noisy, but oh well.

Cogito ergo sum
Trusted Contributor

@Sooner Lol. And IME, a horse poops all the freaking time, lol. Give it a moment, it'll poop. Kinda like a male dog having to pee on every tree, post, etc. Smiley Happy

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Occasional Contributor

It depends on who owns the lot, if builder owns he has builder's risk insurance. If homeowner already owns the lot then they should also have builder's risk insurace or a rider attached to their current home insurnace. Builder's risk insures more than liability for injury, what happens if building materials are stolen what happens if the framework goes up in flames.