Regular Contributor

Hosts Promoting Upcoming Shows

Just curious , why is Jane Tracey the only host that promotes the shows that she hosts every Tuesday and Friday?  The other hosts do not do that.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Hosts Promoting Upcoming Shows

David does this at times also.

Honored Contributor

@Sheila P-Burg wrote:

David does this at times also.

@Sheila P-Burg  You're right. I've seen him promoting.

Honored Contributor

Probably because the producers have instructed them to do so.

Honored Contributor

@I am appleblossom wrote:

Just curious , why is Jane Tracey the only host that promotes the shows that she hosts every Tuesday and Friday?  The other hosts do not do that.

For the same reason she has to tell us that Cara is taking yoga and will  be getting her certification soon and Deirdre is taking sign language classes. It is all about her and her family. She has always been this way and is not going to change. You just need to accept her or not watch her.

Respected Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

For the same reason she has to tell us that Cara is taking yoga and will  be getting her certification soon and Deirdre is taking sign language classes. It is all about her and her family. She has always been this way and is not going to change. You just need to accept her or not watch her.

This has absolutely nothing to do with her promoting QVC shows. She provides the promos she is asked to provide by management. Furthermore, her Tuesday Vibes and FriYay promos also talk about the other people/shows on those evenings as well -- usually Shawn and David. Those are major prime time blocks of programming, so of course they promote them. Finally, I have seen other hosts step in and do the promos when Jane was on vacation.

Esteemed Contributor

I’m making this up and have no clue, but maybe because she’s there at different hours than the other two and that’s when they schedule the other people needed (camera person, Director, etc) to film the spots. I’m guessing they don’t have a lot of extra people working the later hours, which Shawn historically works.
Respected Contributor

It’s her job to promote products/shows, and she is probably chosen because she is a popular host with high sales figures. Her bosses don’t care how often she talks about her children as long as she brings in the money.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Trusted Contributor

@RetRN, very nice!! I hope your bedside manner was better than your attitude is now! 😯