Trusted Contributor

No photo description available.

Trusted Contributor

Yes, my nephew is a firefighter up in Stanislaus County, thank you for your service, Dennis!

Honored Contributor

Heros....along with our police force.👍🏼

Respected Contributor

Re: Heros....along with our police force.👍🏼

DH grandfather was assistant fire chief and he also has an uncle who is a retired firefighter.  Heroes, for sure!!

Thank you to all firefighters, police, EMT, etc...all first responders!Heart

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Trusted Contributor
Another day! Why do we have to honor people for doing their jobs. I'm grateful for firemen, but it's a profession like any other.
Respected Contributor

@willomenia wrote:
Another day! Why do we have to honor people for doing their jobs. I'm grateful for firemen, but it's a profession like any other.

Not necessarily. In many towns firefighting is 100% volunteer. Volunteer firefighting is part of the history of America.

I believe police/sheriffs have always been paid (except for posses in Western movies?). 

Valued Contributor

@willomenia wrote:

NASTY comment!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Heros....along with our police force.👍🏼

@phoenixbrd wrote:

I second that.

Honored Contributor

@willomenia wrote:

@willomenia    Because they'll willingly risk their lives to save the likes of you.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

No Willimena, it's not!!! Each day a firefighter reports for their shift could be the day they die.....while putting their life on the line to save someone else. How dare you trivialize the risks they take!!!!!