Trusted Contributor

Want to share a favorite picture or story, of or about, your hometown?

This is my favorite photo, coming into SPOKANE, from the West.  I guess I should say, it’s my favorite view. There are many great shots of this iconic, view, entering the city!

56B503AD-DB77-4447-A355-6A270849826B.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Hometown Pride

[ Edited ]

https://youtu.be/VsLIBNdOfSA

Kansas City - City of Fountains in Central Midwest. I live in suburb voted 'best neighborhood' in my state. What we miss in mountains and coast we have in rolling, green hills and lakes. But I do love mountains & coastlines!

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Trusted Contributor

@SuhseK wrote:

This is my favorite photo, coming into SPOKANE, from the West.  I guess I should say, it’s my favorite view. There are many great shots of this iconic, view, entering the city!

Thats really beautiful!

Trusted Contributor

Another good view is the rooftop parking garage at Sacred Heart. We Spent the 4th July one year up there watching Fireworks at Riverfront Park.

But the view you posted is a good almost home one too

Honored Contributor

https://www.visitcharlevoix.com/Photo-Gallery

Just a peek of my lovely hometown. 

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

Boy I wish I understood how to post pictures. But my hometown is Pittsburgh Pa.. What a renaissance we have had. The city never looked more beautiful. Please take a second and google it. 

Regular Contributor

@SuhseK wrote:

Hi.. I live in Maryland,  But my husband is from Spokane. and I have been on this exact road while visiting. Spokane is a nice place. Beautiful picture.

Respected Contributor

@godi  my favorite view is coming out of the Fort Pitt tunnel at Christmas time looking directly at the city, breathtaking...

Valued Contributor

Re: Hometown Pride

[ Edited ]

That is a beautiful picture of Spokane! 

Here are two classic views of Boston, Ma.  The first is of Boston harbor, the downtown skyline & major financial office district, with hotels & residential towers also.  On far right is the original Custom House with the clock tower then added later with clock & spire on top. 

Other than the Custom House tower, none of these tall buildings were there when I grew up when we went "downtown" to go shopping (where all the major stores were before shopping centers were built).  Our famous New England Aquarium is also right on the waterfront in front of the Custom House.

Boston-Skyline.jpg.optimal.jpg

Boston_Skyline_Over_the_Charles_River (1).jpg

The 2nd picture is another skyline view of Boston about a mile further inland, as seen from across the Charles River on the Cambridge side.  This section is known as the Back Bay with the Longfellow Bridge crossing from Cambridge to Boston.  Famous for it's brownstones, the beautiful old 3-4 story homes all attached, (now very expensive apartments & condos), along 4 streets, Beacon St., Commonwealth Ave, Marlborough St, & Newbury St., and the Back Bay skyline of office, hotel & residential towers. 

The 'original' John Hancock Tower is on far left with pointed spire, and to the right of that is the modern all glass John Hancock tower, built in 1975 is the tallest at 60 stories & is now known as 200 Clarendon.  On the far right is the Prudential tower. 

The area with all green trees is the Esplanade along the Charles River, most famously known for our fantastic & fabulous July 4th celebration & fireworks and you can see the 'dome' of the Hatch Shell where that all takes place in the lower left just above & beyond the bridge.

Esteemed Contributor
@lynnie61 you are so right!