Honored Contributor

was in and out in no time, it was raining quite hard so that may have kept people away this morn;

Regular Contributor

After after standing in line for close to 2 hours in 2016, I found out I can vote by mail since I am over 65! I heard that even the early voting lines were loooonnnnngggg.

It's nice to have a few perks related to age!

Dragonfly

Honored Contributor

We have paper ballot which we fill out and then run through a machine which tabulates the total, not the vote.

I like that because they can't be tampered with.

Call me cautious!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Drythe  I've always had it off but, recently with Android's new updates, you have to have it on or some of your apps won't work which is BS in my book. 

Google doesn't have to know where I am ever.  Had I known I would be hit with a campaign text five minutes after walking into my pollng place which is completely illegal in my state, I would have. 

Although it actually made me feel good to vote against the text which I was gonna do anyway.  I'll have to remember it for December if we get our expected runoff.  

Honored Contributor

@Laura14.  I keep my services off. Don't use many apps.

Esteemed Contributor

Early voted (by mail) which was recorded on October 8, 2018. Then spent the rest of October helping others register to vote. Drove people to the Election Commission to vote early, also. Lots of volunteering with candidates prior to the election. Today all that work is coming to fruitation.

Tonight? We await the results and, hopefully, celebrate our efforts. Thanks for voting!!

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

@Laura14

That’s why I don’t use Google - ever.  

I use Duck Duck Go.  My many, many apps work just fine.

Glad you were able to vote!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Trusted Contributor

I voted for the first time today!!!!! Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I always get a little teary after I voted because it's so important.  

Trusted Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

I was talking with a woman ahead of me in line and she said she wished she'd gotten there earlier as she had to leave to get to work and the polls would be closed when she got off work.  She finally had to leave (unvoted) so she wouldn't be late for work.  She'd already waited an hour.

Wish everyone had the ability to vote early.  

I wonder if she is aware that there is absentee voting?

She could sign up for it if she has a work schedule that would make it difficult for her to get to her voting location. This way, she wouldn't have to miss out on being able to vote.