Honored Contributor

I waited on line for an hour and a half to vote today.

It was great to see so many people involved.

Cat Happy

Honored Contributor

Good for you!  Our wait was minimal since we went the first day of early voting, and shortly after the building opened so it was easy peasy.

I admire the people in all those long, long, long, long lines.  It's worth it; and not just a right but a cherished privilege.

*thumbs up*

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

Good for you!  Our wait was minimal since we went the first day of early voting, and shortly after the building opened so it was easy peasy.

I admire the people in all those long, long, long, long lines.  It's worth it; and not just a right but a cherished privilege.

*thumbs up*

Absolutely.

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot@Sure wish I could vote...need to become a citizen.I have lived here for 19 years so I think it’s time.

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

@QueenDanceALot@Sure wish I could vote...need to become a citizen.I have lived here for 19 years so I think it’s time.

@dex  I didn't know that.  You might need the formality but after 19 years I'd say you are indeed a part of this country.Heart

All the best if you decide to go forward.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

*thumbs up*

@Cakers3

We have no early voting option here or I would have taken advantage of that!

I did get to visit with some neighbors who were also on line and chatted a little with one of the poll workers who I see every election (for years!) and he said it had been the busiest election he's seen since he's been working it.  

I usually am in and out in 15 minutes or less!!!

Honored Contributor

I think this may have been the longest line for anything I've waited on.

The only one longer I can recall was the Motor Vehicle Bureau in NYC.  I always knew to bring a book AND lunch to that place.

hahahaha

Trusted Contributor

I miss going in person on Election Day. It’s so much more exciting and I could visit with locals that I don’t often see, while waiting in line. Due to my disabilities I have to mail in my ballot now. Still a great  privilege, though! 

HAPPY ELECTION DAY! 🇺🇸 

Honored Contributor

40 minutes for me which wasn't bad. 

Got a complete shock at a text I received while waiting in line.  Google needs to turn off their location services so we can't be campaigned to in line or our government finally needs to do something about the do not call registry's integrity.  

Honored Contributor

We have ave early voting - thankfully.

We voted the first day.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras