Honored Contributor

Re: Holy Communion Gift Suggestions

Jewelry, Rosary, Patron Saint Medal, Cross, Bible or maybe a First Communion Frame, hope this helps!

Honored Contributor

Unless you are a very close relative don't gift her with religious items.  

She's going to get all that was mentioned from parents, grandparents, godparents

Honored Contributor

A piece a jewelry. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't like the idea of gifting money for First Communion....that's just my personal thing! Someone earlier mentioned The Catholic Company.....also check EWTN Religious Catalog online.  There are lots of pretty momentos there....picture frames, personalized rosary boxes, patron saint medals....you will get lots of ideas.  

Honored Contributor

I would suggest not buying anything too kiddie looking. If you get her a nice cross  or medal, she will grow with it and be able to wear it all of her life ,if she chooses

Respected Contributor

A ring in her birthstone(my godfather gave me this and I wore it on my pinkie for years), birthstone earrings, a gold crucifix.

Honored Contributor

@maestra wrote:

A ring in her birthstone(my godfather gave me this and I wore it on my pinkie for years), birthstone earrings, a gold crucifix.

I think a crucifix is much nicer than a cross

Honored Contributor

I agree.

Maybe a nice little pearl bracelet.

@maisiebrook

@CelticCrafter wrote:

Unless you are a very close relative don't gift her with religious items.  

She's going to get all that was mentioned from parents, grandparents, godparents

@CelticCrafter

Super Contributor

I just purchased a First Communion gift for a relative from The Printery House on their website. I purchased olive wood rosary beads that come in an olive wood box. All made in the Holy Land, I felt it is something that can be used throughout life. They have a lot of great other products for this occasion, also.

Honored Contributor

my first communion was a very long time ago, but i still remember some of the gifts i received. a small white patent leather purse, a beautiful handkerchief with lace that i could put inside, flowers, a rosary (can never have too many of these), a small pocket bible,  an inspirational book.

i think one of my most favorite gifts was a set of offering envelopes so that i could put my own offering into the basket during services. it was a years worth i believe, so around 52 in a box. they each had a scripture and inspirational artwork on them. its the gift that will keep on giving.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein