Honored Contributor

This has nothing to do with Holly but remember how mad Kendra's mom was when Kendra chose to leave?  I periodically watched Kendra's reality show and she and her mom never really made up.  It seems they try and then things go south.

I was watching some reality show about celeb couples who are having relationship issues and Kendra and Hank are on this show.  I've not watched much at all but did watch one where Kendra talked about her mom's issues and how mad she was over Kendra leaving the Playboy mansion. 

Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

Kendra said the same thing we all said here and said she has an agenda and has from the first day in the house. She wanted to marry Hef and have his baby for the will. ::burn::

That was so obvious. 

Respected Contributor

It's all about the money, she thinks portraying herself as a victim will boost sales.  The funny thing is, she isn't telling us anything aboug Hefner that we haven't all known for decades.  The man is an open book when it comes to his lifestyle and to his credit, he has never pretended to be something he isn't.   She only succeeds in making herself look like classless ho and and a hypocrit.  Now she's playing like Snow White and claiming Hef forced her to things she didn't want to do.  Really?  Was she locked in a dungeon?  I'm pretty sure that if she really did get caught up that life and wanted out; she was free to pack her bags and hit the road with her big plastic bazookas that Hef paid for. 

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

It's all about the money, she thinks portraying herself as a victim will boost sales.  The funny thing is, she isn't telling us anything aboug Hefner that we haven't all known for decades.  The man is an open book when it comes to his lifestyle and to his credit, he has never pretended to be something he isn't.   She only succeeds in making herself look like classless ho and and a hypocrit.  Now she's playing like Snow White and claiming Hef forced her to things she didn't want to do.  Really?  Was she locked in a dungeon?  I'm pretty sure that if she really did get caught up that life and wanted out; she was free to pack her bags and hit the road with her big plastic bazookas that Hef paid for. 

Chrystaltree, thank you for the out loud laugh over the big plastic bazookas line . . . you have given me the best case of the giggles . . . Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor
Holly knew exactly what she wanted from the beginning with Hef . Move in the mansion Be #1 girlfriend lots of money and publicty to make her 15 minutes of fame. Marry Hef have the golden child then she is hooked on to Hef forever. Money money! Well it blew up in her face. So she packed her bags and left. So now she is writing a tell all book. Once again for money and 15 minutes of fame. Not caring who she hurts. Some pretty personal things . She should be ashamed of herself. Hef was good to them all. Yes he is set in his ways and that is his business . If she didn't like it. Well don't let the door hit you on the way out. What did she expect living there knitting, sewing , social teas. You play you pay. Maybe Hef should write a book about Holly. I'm sure it would be a best seller.
Honored Contributor

I just watched her being interviewed on Wendy Williams.  Apparently her main point of writing the book was TO GET HER STORY OUT because that's what she said after every question.  Nothing new came out of this particular interview.

In her defense, she didn't come across nearly as bitter as she did in some of the interviews I had read previously so maybe she is taking some of the stinging blowback to heart.

And her daughter is absolutely gorgeous.  A real cutie pie!

Honored Contributor

Like Rielle Hunter (of John Edwards fame), Holly's book tour will be cut short and she will go back to whatever it is she does.

I feel bad that Holly was probably given bad advice about doing this book.  This was not a good move and it won't end well.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Holly Madison...

[ Edited ]

Well, I just finished reading the book and I have to say that while it was very repetitive (Hef bad, Holly beaten down) it was a good read overall. It's a pretty thin story but she doesn't hold back and for the most part takes at least some responsibility for her immature, insecure, and often masochistic choices. Hef really takes a beating here, portrayed as a manipulative, skeevy crypt-keeper, and she pulls no punches about his methods for keep a stable of young women at his beck and call.

I do think she goes overboard with how saintly and persecuted she was by the "mean girl" harem members and her lack of self-worth due to Hef's ugliness and vanity. While she details how it began and how it ended, the middle part was all about the show. If you watched the show, it's fun to recognize the details of various episodes, however I know I'm not the only one who wanted to know more "intimate" details. Despite the fact that she shared a bed with him for years, we get no info about their actual relationship or his behind closed doors relationships with Kendra and Bridget (this was also conspicuously missing from Kendra's book too). Just seems like we're missing something. 

Anyway, it's a light, fast, easy read and I wish her well in her new, happy life. 

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

Like Rielle Hunter (of John Edwards fame), Holly's book tour will be cut short and she will go back to whatever it is she does.

I feel bad that Holly was probably given bad advice about doing this book.  This was not a good move and it won't end well.

VaBelle - That's a VERY good comparison...I had forgotten about Rielle (so has John Edwards, I  heard!).

I skimmed over the pages yesterday in Barnes & Noble... I wouldn't give her my $$$$. I wanted to read about the creation of The Girls Next Door. I used to sell advertising in the show for local cable - for a while it was a real sensation...prior to the Ks coming to E!  In the book, she says they had 3 million viewers a week...she may have been adding up all the repeats to get that number...and then exaggerating.

Bill O has about 3 million viewers a night (or less). NO WAY was their show more popular! 

She also said that after Crystal moved in, Hef's health went downhill. She said that Hef fell and wet himself...even if that was true - she wasn't there - she was  repeating gossip - and appeared to just want to humiliate him. She also said that after Crystal became #1, she had a nose and b00b job - and became "plastic." Holly obviously has no ability to self-reflect - she ALSO had the exact same operations!

Respected Contributor
Croemer, thanks so much for the link to Izabella St. John's book, Bunny Tales. I read the opening chapter about her Polish background at the Amazon site, and it is fascinating.