Trusted Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@Teddie wrote:

We woke up to snow yesterday. It has been snowing today, the big, billowy kind of snowflakes. Our property is lined with spruce trees. So pretty covered with snow. 

I am ready and in the mood to start my Thanksgiving planning. 🙂

Hi @Teddie !

It sounds beautiful where you are!  I'm finally getting in the mood, too. 

Hi @Noel7!

My son, daughter-in-law and two grandsons came and stayed with us this weekend. My DIL and I were talking about the holidays coming up and we always have such a nice time so now I’m like you, gearing up for it! 

We live on 120 acres so there’s all kinds of room to get around. Wish I could have you over for coffee and share my view!

Honored Contributor

@Teddie wrote:

Forgot to add that I’ve been sipping on coffee with Peppermint Mocha creamer. That makes me happy, too. 🙂

I know!  The little things make a big difference Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

Our Thanksgiving Day menu is:

Prime Rib Roast

Potato Gratin w/Rosemary Crust

Glazed Carrots

Asparagus

Authentic Gourmet Croissants

Drinks...Eggnog and our fave...James Arthur Vinyard's Edelweiss Wine

Dessert - a few kinds of my homemade cookies and/or pumpkin pie

I'm looking forward to the Macy's Parade  Smiley Happy

Wow, @Susan Louise! Very impressive.  That sounds like a beautiful meal.  

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

Prime Rib Roast

Glazed Carrots

Asparagus

Hi @Susan Louise

A delicious menu!

DH and I love pie, I get a pumpkin pie for Halloween, make a pecan pie for Thanksgiving, and Mincemeat for New Year's.  Christmas is my mother's favorite cake.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Christmas has been out in my area for over a month now.  All the stores have had decor items out.  In fact it was hard to find Halloween/fall decor items when I was looking in mid-October. 

On November 1, 2 stations on Sirius/XM began broadcasting holiday music 24/7 and one of our local channels began yesterday.   

I've not noticed any houses decorated yet outside.

I've also seen eggnog in the stores for several weeks now as well as the seasonal flavored creamers.  I get Starbucks every morning and I'm doing the Thanksgiving blend. Not sure if they have Christmas blend yet.

Our weather got much colder however according to our local weather forecasters, while this week is supposed to be below normal temps, next week and the week of Thanksgiving are trending higher than normal. We'll see how that pans out.  

Hi @Lipstickdiva

Apparently, some people complained about an early Christmas, so a few places held back.  I can't wait for the season to really show.  Until then, I'm shopping online for gifts.

Honored Contributor

Re: Holiday Sightings

[ Edited ]

@Teddie wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

Prime Rib Roast

Glazed Carrots

Asparagus

@Teddie  Awww, thanks Smiley Happy

I made the Potato Gratin last yr for the 1st time and it is delish! I got the recipe online. It is time consuming to make, but well worth the trouble once or twice a yr. I also made it to have with glazed ham on Easter Sunday.

The cookies I'll make are 2 kinds of oatmeal...one with 'Crasins' and white chocolate chips, the other with butterscotch chips. I will also make those PB cookies with kisses  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Teddie wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@Teddie wrote:

We woke up to snow yesterday. It has been snowing today, the big, billowy kind of snowflakes. Our property is lined with spruce trees. So pretty covered with snow. 

I am ready and in the mood to start my Thanksgiving planning. 🙂

Hi @Teddie !

It sounds beautiful where you are!  I'm finally getting in the mood, too. 

Hi @Noel7!

My son, daughter-in-law and two grandsons came and stayed with us this weekend. My DIL and I were talking about the holidays coming up and we always have such a nice time so now I’m like you, gearing up for it! 

We live on 120 acres so there’s all kinds of room to get around. Wish I could have you over for coffee and share my view!

OH, @Teddie , that would be wonderful Heart

There's just the three of us now, but we have such a good time during the holidays.  New traditions and old. 

You are so lucky to live in such a beautiful setting.

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Teddie wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

Prime Rib Roast

Glazed Carrots

Asparagus

I made the Potato Gratin last yr for the 1st time and it is delish! I got the recipe online. It is time consuming to make, but well worth the trouble once or twice a yr. I also made it to have with glazed ham on Easter Sunday.

The cookies I'll make are 2 kinds of oatmeal...one with 'Crasins' and white chocolate chips, the others with butterscotch chips. I will also make those PB cookies with kisses  Smiley Happy

@Susan Louise

My mother always made potato gratin Christmas and Easter.  Sometimes with cheddar cheese, which I love.

Trusted Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Teddie wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

Prime Rib Roast

Glazed Carrots

Asparagus

The cookies I'll make are 2 kinds of oatmeal...one with 'Crasins' and white chocolate chips, the others with butterscotch chips. I will also make those PB cookies with kisses  Smiley Happy

@Susan Louise  I love how you’ve shared with us. 🙂

Your home sounds like a wonderful place to be. Do you have a manageable size group to cook for? 

Respected Contributor

Yes, I'm in the spirit! Yesterday, I was lured by the Target "dollar" section (which has charming items--kitchen towels, mini tree lights, holiday gift bags in red/black buffalo flannel check...just to name a few...) and then headed over to the holiday section for browsing.

I also purchased my "second oven" this weekend--a Breville--on sale at Williams Sonoma for 45% off. This will come in handy for the holidays as we do several big dinners and my daughter bakes her delicious pies.

I'm looking forward to all of it! Let the celebrations begin Smiley Happy