Honored Contributor

Target is beginning to feature holiday items online and in the stores.  Michael's has had a 40% off sale, and I saw an ad for almond milk "nog."  I'm going to try that, I love almond milk.

The weather has changed drastically, dropping 30 degrees.

Thanksgiving is just a little over two weeks away Woman Surprised  I'm working on the menu and shopping list, that's something.  Anyone else?

ps I discovered a new coffee even DH likes, Starbucks Mocha Flavored Ground Coffee.  It really does have a nice chocolate note to it.

Honored Contributor

Can you please send that cool weather down South?  We are still at record highs and I am tired of wearing my boots in protest and mowing my grass. 

It's November already for crying out loud! 

Trusted Contributor

We woke up to snow yesterday. It has been snowing today, the big, billowy kind of snowflakes. Our property is lined with spruce trees. So pretty covered with snow. 

I am ready and in the mood to start my Thanksgiving planning. 🙂

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

Can you please send that cool weather down South?  We are still at record highs and I am tired of wearing my boots in protest and mowing my grass. 

It's November already for crying out loud! 

Oh, no @Laura14 !  You have my sympathy, it's been a horribly extended summer.

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 I just finished boxing up all the indoor and outdoor Halloween stuff today....just had stuff thrown in the garage.  Table needs to be set for turkey day.  

You know we do the Greek thing for thanksgiving so that's easy......gearing up for major holiday decor inside and out!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Trusted Contributor

Forgot to add that I’ve been sipping on coffee with Peppermint Mocha creamer. That makes me happy, too. 🙂

Honored Contributor

@Teddie wrote:

We woke up to snow yesterday. It has been snowing today, the big, billowy kind of snowflakes. Our property is lined with spruce trees. So pretty covered with snow. 

I am ready and in the mood to start my Thanksgiving planning. 🙂

Hi @Teddie !

It sounds beautiful where you are!  I'm finally getting in the mood, too. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Holiday Sightings

[ Edited ]

Our Thanksgiving Day menu is:

Prime Rib Roast

Potato Gratin w/Rosemary Crust

Glazed Carrots

Asparagus

Authentic Gourmet Croissants

Drinks...Eggnog and our fave...James Arthur Vinyard's Edelweiss Wine

Dessert - a few kinds of my homemade cookies and/or pumpkin pie

I'm looking forward to the Macy's Parade  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Christmas has been out in my area for over a month now.  All the stores have had decor items out.  In fact it was hard to find Halloween/fall decor items when I was looking in mid-October. 

On November 1, 2 stations on Sirius/XM began broadcasting holiday music 24/7 and one of our local channels began yesterday.   

I've not noticed any houses decorated yet outside.

I've also seen eggnog in the stores for several weeks now as well as the seasonal flavored creamers.  I get Starbucks every morning and I'm doing the Thanksgiving blend. Not sure if they have Christmas blend yet.

Our weather got much colder however according to our local weather forecasters, while this week is supposed to be below normal temps, next week and the week of Thanksgiving are trending higher than normal. We'll see how that pans out.  

Honored Contributor

@MickD wrote:

@Noel7 I just finished boxing up all the indoor and outdoor Halloween stuff today....just had stuff thrown in the garage.  Table needs to be set for turkey day.  

You know we do the Greek thing for thanksgiving so that's easy......gearing up for major holiday decor inside and out!

Hi @MickD

Oh, I do know you do the Greek think for Thanksgiving, and I remember something flaming.  Am I right? 

DD and I are getting over Type B Flu, respiratory, not covered by the vaccine, so we are way behind and still have Halloween decorations up.  We'll get there, switching soon to autumn and Pilgrims Smiley Happy  I got a good start today with my burnt orange/copper nail polish.