Respected Contributor

Carol of the Bells. Especially the Mannheim Steamroller version

Valued Contributor

This is a fun thread. I have many personal faves. I love Bette Midler's Cool Yule album.  Her rendition of the title song is great. A really fun album. Ingrid Michaelson put out a holiday album last year of all her personal favorites. I think it's called Songs of the Season. It's really good and very listenable. Louis Prima's Shake Hands with Santa Claus is a classic. Apple Music has really terrific Christmas playlists. There's something for everyone. And of course, if you want your own personal come to Jesus moment, look up Celine Dion's Christmas special on YouTube where she sings Oh Holy Night.  😂

Honored Contributor

Re: Holiday Music

[ Edited ]

My favorites are traditional Christmas Songs-- Bing Crosby,  Johnny Mathis, Perry Como, Ella Fitzgerald, Brenda Lee, Judy Garland, Andy Williams, Nat King Cole

And if you've heard the expression "too much of a good thing" Mariah Carey's "All I Want For Christmas Is You" falls into that category for me. I used to like it but it's been run into the ground....🥱 🙄😖😠 Also can do without these tired tunes:

Last Christmas-Wham 

The War Is Over (So This Is Christmas) John Lennon 

Simply Having A Wonderful Christmas Time Paul McCartney 

It's like these are the only songs played any more------over and over and over again!!!! 😡😫 ..I ENJOY A LARGE VARIETY OF CLASSIC CHRISTMAS SONGS 🎵 🎄

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@QVCkitty1 

Great topic!  What a wonderful gift to all of us!   Thank you!

I love Christmas Carols.  Cant think of one that I dont love.

But my all time, most favorite is "O Holy Night."

I stop whatever I'm doing, and just take it in, straight into my heart & soul, & most times I tear up, with gratitude.

I hadnt been a Mariah Carey fan, but my sister pointed me to Mariah's version of "O Holy Night," and it's awesome! 

Come to think of it, my sister is *NOT* a believer, by any means, (even shuns & disdains such).  But *she* is the one that points out items like the movie "Noelle" with David Wall, and the Mariah version of "O Holy Night" to me, I guess knowing of my believing head & heart.

She pointed out "Mannheim Steamroller 30/40" Christmas Concert to me which I saved on DVR (8/17/22)!!!   & I hope to finally watch/listen to it.

Honored Contributor

I dont think there is a Christmas song I dont like.  As for a favorite thats a hard choice for me.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Hallelujah--Bon Jovi

The Bell's of St. Mary--Aaron Neville

Please Come Home for Christmas--Aaron Neville

Esteemed Contributor
One I don’t think I’ve seen mentioned yet is “Silver Bells” I’ve always liked this one. Although, does anyone else get really mad/upset when someone tries to put their “spin” on a song? One of the last times I heard this, it was so poorly done, made me angry!

“City sidewalks, busy sidewalks, dressed in holiday style. In the air there’s a feeling of Christmas”
Esteemed Contributor
I’d have to add Christmas in Dixie - Alabama
Honored Contributor

@Stray : Oh! I love that tune sooooo much. In fact,that album is wonderful. It's snowing in the pines.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

”Mary, Did You Know?” By Kenny Rogers