Esteemed Contributor

Hokry Smokes, She's Only Three.

My sister's oldest DD and her hubby have 2 boys ages 13 and 14.  Three years ago they fostered then adopted a brother and sister, he was a year and 1/2 and the little girl was 4 months old.

Annie just turned 3 and loves shoes and boots and any hair thing on the planet. Bows, headbands, barrettes you name it. She has long naturally curly hair.

Her Dad was going to work and she didn't want him to go so......while he was getting ready she took his car keys and hid them.  All keys were in a tray by the door. The keys have since been kept hidden.

He asked where his keys were, nothing. A wild search ensued, nothing. My niece said just take my car.  Dad asked Annie one last time for his keys.  When she didn't say anything he said, "you know, if I can't go to work and get paid, I won't have any money and you can't get any new shoes."

Guess who went and got the keys so he could go to work?  Oy!

That girl is cute as a bug, stubborn, rough and tumble and she is not afraid of anything or anyone. Everything from dressing to swimming is, "I do it." Wants no help, ever.

And she's only 3. I told my niece, good luck when she's a teenager.

Honored Contributor

Re: Hokry Smokes, She's Only Three.

That little one knows the importance of new shoes, 😂, I love it ! 👠👠

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2   Love that story.Thanks for sharing.

Esteemed Contributor

@NicksmomESQ @QVCkitty1   Mom had to do the 2 choices for an outfit thing because it would take Annie 1/2 hour to decide what she wanted to wear.

Oh, she got new boots and had to wear them to bed.

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

And she's only 3. I told my niece, good luck when she's a teenager.

I agree her teenage years are going to be interesting.  Especially if they don't give her consequences now.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

So sweet. She just didn't want him to go. That kind of behavior is totally normal for a 3 year old. It can't be given in to, of course, and it wasn't. All it took was a simple explanation of cause and effect. No new shoes? Gasp! lol I think it's a darling story.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

Your DD husband was lucky *this time.*  At least the 3 yr old did not flush his keys down the toilet. Smiley LOL

As my MIL advised me when each of mine were going through the "terriable twos," train them now & you will not have any problems down the road.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

@Travone   Oh, she gets time outs and things taken away.  But the kid has a mind of her own. 

Honored Contributor

I watch Dr. Phil enough said LOL

Esteemed Contributor

When the little boy was 3 he crawled in my sister's lap and announced, "Grammy, I'm sick, get the Ibuprofin."

What 3 yr. old knows Ibuprofin?

They are both too smart for their own good.