Reply
Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,021
Registered: ‎03-12-2010

@biancardi wrote:

good morning, gato.  I don't like that kind of thing at all, as it has happened to me and continues to happen. 

 

I stay away from it and people who know me, know I hate that sort of thing.

 


Morning b. To clarify I wasn't referring to you in my post. And I'm not sure who the real OP of that other thread was but I was sure it wasn't you posing as him/her. Good seeing you back BTW. 

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,667
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Hey PeterDM.

[ Edited ]

good to see you too, gato.

 

and thank you. I know I've been accused  of being that poster, but seriously, I have so much going on in my life and I am not a big player in these kinds of things

If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames
Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,178
Registered: ‎09-02-2010

@Smaug wrote:

Anyone remember Heiress? When she posted her pix in VP/AG and people decided they wanted to pry into her private life almost everyone was on board with that one. I'm curious, why was that? If there's going to be outrage for this sort of thing let's apply it to all posters, not just those who are popular. 


 

 

People are cruel.  I've always thought the meanest people just needed to feel better about themselves for some reason.

 

On the Amazon boards posters look into their profiles and judge them by what they buy or what books they read.   Many of us have empty profiles for that very reason.   Then of course they say  that nothing is relavent as you have an empty profile.  

 

Hopefully these mean people are not like this in real life.  I can't imagine they are.  

 Anonyminity makes people very strange sometimes.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor
Posts: 17,511
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

@I am still oxox wrote:

@KingstonsMomIG wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

Are you referring to a snake oil sales women who claimed to be a medical recruiter?

 


@Makeup Addict wrote:
I remember years ago when a poster was horrible to other people,Im talking about insulting someones mom who recently died, that fight was allowed to. Went on for an hour beforewebbiepoofed it. Then we had someone who scammed people not once but twice and it was a soap opera!! Now you say boo and stuff is removed.

 


oxox, I do believe her last sentence is about 'Nurse R.'


 

 

I was being Kind, that is who I was alluding to


 

I know, I was agreeing with you, sorry I didn't make that clear!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,021
Registered: ‎03-12-2010

@debc wrote:
 

People are cruel.  I've always thought the meanest people just needed to feel better about themselves for some reason.

On the Amazon boards posters look into their profiles and judge them by what they buy or what books they read.   Many of us have empty profiles for that very reason.   Then of course they say  that nothing is relavent as you have an empty profile.  

Hopefully these mean people are not like this in real life.  I can't imagine they are.  

 Anonyminity makes people very strange sometimes.


I didn't know that. I considered trying their boards out but never found the time. That's terrible. Smiley Sad

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,178
Registered: ‎09-02-2010

@Smaug wrote:

@debc wrote:
 

People are cruel.  I've always thought the meanest people just needed to feel better about themselves for some reason.

On the Amazon boards posters look into their profiles and judge them by what they buy or what books they read.   Many of us have empty profiles for that very reason.   Then of course they say  that nothing is relavent as you have an empty profile.  

Hopefully these mean people are not like this in real life.  I can't imagine they are.  

 Anonyminity makes people very strange sometimes.


I didn't know that. I considered trying their boards out but never found the time. That's terrible. Smiley Sad


I read over there mostly looking for ebook sales.   I used to participate a lot more, but it's time consuming.   

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,667
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

amazon and imDB (the tv/movie forums) are some of the worst moderated forums ever.  It is a free for all over there.

 

when you don't have any type of moderation, you see that type of behavior.   

If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,079
Registered: ‎03-29-2010

Re: Hey PeterDM.

[ Edited ]
To PeterDM

Wow! I havent seen that happen over there and Ive been in the members only part of the forum. So far i havent had that experience. You can always lurk over there and then decide to join later. I think there are people who have issues with certain posters, but they had these same issues when they posted on this board as well. The other forum has over 200 members and so far I havent experienced anything bad.

Yes the medical recruiter is the person I was talking about. Her homemade oil and resume writing ventures unraveled and were on display on this board. People were posting like crazy during that time! That was reality tv befire reality tv! Lol
Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,178
Registered: ‎09-02-2010

@biancardi wrote:

amazon and imDB (the tv/movie forums) are some of the worst moderated forums ever.  It is a free for all over there.

 

when you don't have any type of moderation, you see that type of behavior.   


 

I started in the game forums, those were bad.  Then I got a kindle and am on the search for decent prices for books as I read a lot.

 

The absolute worst is the goldbox forum.  They finally removed the hotlink at the bottom of the page so you have to look for it.  The posts in there are disguisting.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor
Posts: 17,739
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

@I am still oxox wrote:

Are you referring to a snake oil sales women who claimed to be a medical recruiter?

 


@Makeup Addict wrote:
I remember years ago when a poster was horrible to other people,Im talking about insulting someones mom who recently died, that fight was allowed to. Went on for an hour beforewebbiepoofed it. Then we had someone who scammed people not once but twice and it was a soap opera!! Now you say boo and stuff is removed.

 


That had happened to me. It broke my heart. Mom was dead for 2 weeks. Someone from this board tried to deny it happend. It had taken me years to come back here. It was a sick act by cruel people

 

Thanks for verifying my story