Honored Contributor

The stuff always comes out, sooner or later.   Smiley Wink

I am certain that everybody who participates in a given board does so innocently and without malice.  But what they don't realize is that they are probably in the minority.    They have no idea about the private forums, of which there are probably at least two levels, and the stuff that's going on there.

Respected Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@Lotus wrote:

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

Gardenman ~ I agree with what you've posted here. I don't know why people feel threatened when another board is created. It happened here not that long ago with a nice lady,and people would still be talking about that one if the new hadn't been started! 

Who said they feel threatened by another board?

Semantics aside, you can use any word you'd like Lotus, but when the same people continue to post about the evil  lurking at another board it's pretty clear. 

After repeated requests/demands by the mods to stop referring to the other board the references continue. This will go on as long as that board or any other offshoot boards for that matter exist. People cannot help themselves because they do feel threatened. 

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC for recruiting.

Honored Contributor

How many ways does the mods have to tell posters to STOP advertising the other place?

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Valued Contributor

Hi deb, the puny and misguided are everywhere.  The good news is there's an avenue to be able to tell them how puny and misguided they are, to their cyberfaces, so to speak.

You have sacrificed nothing and no one.
Respected Contributor

Re: Hey PeterDM.

[ Edited ]

@Maudlynn wrote:

Hi deb, the puny and misguided are everywhere.  The good news is there's an avenue to be able to tell them how puny and misguided they are, to their cyberfaces, so to speak.

Dang I got zapped.   I didn't think what I said was bad.  I certainly wasn't recruiting.

I couldn't agree more.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Esteemed Contributor

PeterDM, have a great vacation

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Valued Contributor

Re: Hey PeterDM.

[ Edited ]

@chickenbutt wrote:

The stuff always comes out, sooner or later.   Smiley Wink

I am certain that everybody who participates in a given board does so innocently and without malice.  But what they don't realize is that they are probably in the minority.    They have no idea about the private forums, of which there are probably at least two levels, and the stuff that's going on there.

Don't you think that the mods ought to take that into consideration though when moderating - before simply deleting everything?

I mean, its sort of the equivalent of having a kindergarten teacher who takes the crayons away from ALL of the children...because Johnny's been a bad boy.

Its the sort of group-punishment that was used in Japanese prison camps. Someone gets out of line and no one in the POW camp gets water.

Moderating is an ART. And not too unlike a skilled surgeon, you don't just go in with a big knife and cut everything away merely because you're not sure about what you're doing. A bit of measured thoughtfulness goes a looooooooooooong way.

If one is trying to shake off the bullies and saboteurs, you have to make sure you're not alienating everybody else along with them.

Honored Contributor

Hi SurfK.  I think we might be having two different conversations.  Smiley Happy

As to THIS board, I think the mods are doing their best.  The only ones who seem to be getting all disjointed about the moderating here are those who are posting outside the guidelines, then they start crying because their posts are deleted. 

As to that other board, which was being discussed here, that is just so great yet they cannot stop trying to recruit more people from here to them (wonder why...not hard to figure out), that's another whole deal.   I just hope that people know what they're getting into.  

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

Hi SurfK.  I think we might be having two different conversations.  Smiley Happy

As to THIS board, I think the mods are doing their best.  The only ones who seem to be getting all disjointed about the moderating here are those who are posting outside the guidelines, then they start crying because their posts are deleted. 

As to that other board, which was being discussed here, that is just so great yet they cannot stop trying to recruit more people from here to them (wonder why...not hard to figure out), that's another whole deal.   I just hope that people know what they're getting into.  

Well that's just silly.  A lot of people post at both boards. 

If you want to be snarky and nasty, you can be snarky and nasty no matter where you post.  If you want to be nice, you can be nice anywhere you post.      

I don't know why all of a sudden people think this board is the be all end all of BBs.  Do people not remember all the nasty stuff that has gone down on this board?  The private information that has been given out on posters?  The nasty, vulgar, racist posts?  Do you think posters have been banned from this board because it's been all sunshine and rainbows over here? 

Do you think that people don't e-mail each other from this board and talk about posters?  Why do some seem to think that only happens with other boards? 

I'm "disjointed" about the moderating here because you can't discuss anything of any importance.  So I'll post what I post and if it gets deleted, it gets deleted.  But I don't like being treated like I'm in grade school.