Honored Contributor

@Lotus wrote:

@gardenman wrote:

JustJazzmom. I post on both forums and the other forum is fine. It's not nearly as bad as some here would have you believe. I'd highly recommend checking it out and seeing for yourself.

Have you been to Zone 3?

I have been to Zone 3. Have I read every post there? No, because there are lots of them. Are some inflammatory? Sure. Are all of them? Not even close. Look, it won't kill you or scar you forever to go over and poke around. Give it a look and see what it's like. I did, and I liked what I saw. If you don't like what you see, then leave. It's that simple.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@Lotus wrote:

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

Gardenman ~ I agree with what you've posted here. I don't know why people feel threatened when another board is created. It happened here not that long ago with a nice lady,and people would still be talking about that one if the new hadn't been started! 

Who said they feel threatened by another board?

Semantics aside, you can use any word you'd like Lotus, but when the same people continue to post about the evil  lurking at another board it's pretty clear. 

I haven't seen a lot of negativity here, about the other board.

I didn't see "evil" there, but I saw a lot of things that I didn't want to see....so I left.  Maybe it's different now.

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Respected Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

@Lotus wrote:

@gardenman wrote:

JustJazzmom. I post on both forums and the other forum is fine. It's not nearly as bad as some here would have you believe. I'd highly recommend checking it out and seeing for yourself.

Have you been to Zone 3?

I have been to Zone 3. Have I read every post there? No, because there are lots of them. Are some inflammatory? Sure. Are all of them? Not even close. Look, it won't kill you or scar you forever to go over and poke around. Give it a look and see what it's like. I did, and I liked what I saw. If you don't like what you see, then leave. It's that simple.

Gardenman....I was there right after these Q boards were changed.    I left....it was not what I was looking for in a board.

I hope you enjoy your stay there. :-)

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Esteemed Contributor

So,someone comes here and posts what "appear" to be direct quotes from posters on another board about posters here, naming names of some being targeted, gives information about "attack plans", and gives the names (nics) of posters here with their corresponding nics there, then it seems logical that people would wonder exactly what is going on, whether some posts are true and some aren't, and whether they are really talking among themselves as to what they should do to disrupt this board. 

I, for one, don't feel threatened by it.  I just feel sad that "grown-up" adults find it necessary to act this way and actually think it's fun.  

Respected Contributor

@kittymomNC wrote:

So,someone comes here and posts what "appear" to be direct quotes from posters on another board about posters here, naming names of some being targeted, gives information about "attack plans", and gives the names (nics) of posters here with their corresponding nics there, then it seems logical that people would wonder exactly what is going on, whether some posts are true and some aren't, and whether they are really talking among themselves as to what they should do to disrupt this board. 

I, for one, don't feel threatened by it.  I just feel sad that "grown-up" adults find it necessary to act this way and actually think it's fun.  

Honored Contributor

kittymomNC wrote:

I'm sure that the most caustic stuff is happening behind the scenes, in the private forums. 

It is sad, but that sort of thing always tends to draw a lot of people - until they learn the stuff that's being said about THEM, behind their backs, in the private forums.

BTW, I imagine everybody knows that when you go there they will have your IP and know your location and, who knows what other information about you.  Just an FYI  to anybody who is naive about internet stuff.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lotus wrote:

@kittymomNC wrote:

I guess you were right Lotus.

Not a lot of negativity here. 

Respected Contributor

@Lotus wrote:

@gardenman wrote:

Have you been to Zone 3?

Hi Lotus.  If I may...I signed up here less than a year ago.  I have signed up at the other site because I'm disgusted at what this site has become.  It has been a pleasure over there!  Yes I have looked at Zone 3 and as I stated somewhere here before it seems to me it is a place where posters who have a history with each other hash it out.  That's their business.  I do not see myself participating there and can ignore it completely if I wish.  There's so much more to choose from and participate in.

No I am not trying to recruit anyone.  I couldn't care less about who is here and who is there.   My issue..and the reason I'm responding here..is with anyone who unfairly characterizes another site through their personal grudge lens and may influence anyone who might want to sign up.  I agree with gardenman.  The only way to decide is to see for yourself.  Why would anyone make a decision through someone else's eyes?  I'm sorry if you didn't like it.  Your personal experience will be different from mine and from the next person's.  

Respected Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

I'm sure that the most caustic stuff is happening behind the scenes, in the private forums. 

It is sad, but that sort of thing always tends to draw a lot of people - until they learn the stuff that's being said about THEM, behind their backs, in the private forums.

BTW, I imagine everybody knows that when you go there they will have your IP and know your location and, who knows what other information about you.  Just an FYI  to anybody who is naive about internet stuff.

Absolutely. I think people get comfortable and forget they don't know the people they are posting with. They share pictures and stories and personal info to have those shared outside via emails and personal messages. People need to be careful who they trust behind the other side of the screen. Not just here or there but everywhere,

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Hey PeterDM.

[ Edited ]

@chickenbutt wrote:

@kittymomNC wrote:

I don't know how many people saw it, but there was a post that included what appeared to be copies of actual posts with their nics, including one that "allegedly" was written by a poster whose nic was identified and it was about doing "research" on another poster on this board.  I have no idea if any of what was said in that entire post was true or not, but it would take someone a good bit of time and imagination, not to mention knowing people's "history", to make all of it up.  I personally think at least some, if not all, of it was true.  

ETA:  And in case anyone wants to tell me to sign up and see, I have no interest in doing that.  I know from history here that I would not be welcome there, and anyone who says differently is wrong.