Honored Contributor

Lord answers prayers for those of us in the Southwest.

North wind today dropped temps as of right now at 8:00 a.m. to 60's 

Wind gust of up to 40 mph

We opened up the front door and let that air in. FREE !

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

^party.gif

No flies this early and I"m to where I can see it not letting in critters.

Honored Contributor

Not even a breath of a breeze in PHX...........in fact, SMOG advisories for the rest of the week..........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

No air moving here either, and 124 forecast for Tuesday and Wednesday .

Honored Contributor

Think we'll go looking for one of those portable screens that's held in the middle with magnets that we seen on TV and put that up to bring in the North cool wind, then, when we turn on the air at 2 take it down.

That cold air we had this morning I could get spoiled with fast. LOL

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@SharkE  I wouldn't say we're getting an abundance of cool air but it's down to 94° from 100° yesterday.  Then we're bracing for 102° the rest of the week.  Glad to hear you're enjoying a brief reprieve. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Yep, and Monday too.

We're putting on an Andersen glass door that has a build in screen in it to cover the fancy front door.

Don't lose the look of the front oval glass and sidelights just a glass over it , but, be able to get some air from the North with screen in place

Honored Contributor

@SharkE  I have a double front door with glass doors outside.  They're storm doors.  The glass in mine is removable and I've got screens that replace the glass.  I never use the screen because I don't want to sit in this house alone, very vulnerable, with nothing between me and anyone at the door except a flimsy screen. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Don't worry I'm all about security. I would just use the screen aspect in the early morning hrs. I live outside of Amarillo and in a nice neighborhood in a cul de sac.

Cop, is next door his car is in driveway all the time. I'll turn on the a/c at 2 just need some air ventilation till then.

I'm familiar with men and their ways. LOL

Only thing happened since I lived here is a little boy and his dog knocked on my door one day crying . I opened the door and thought it was a set up and looked both ways from where I stood. Waiting for somebody to come around the corners of my house. He was like 10, hubbo was on his day off too. He said he was lost and poor little fellow was crying something awful. Couldn't believe he didn't have a cell phone, so, I give him my cordless phone he called somebody, mama was at work, somebody showed up and picked him up. He was lucky he picked me for help or his situation could had took a turn for the worse.

I know what your talking about I learned early.