Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree   Never happened to me before, I've never read this by anybody here quite honestly. 

Honored Contributor

Even if both companies may use the same wawrehouses, it's still just very odd that a Q person is also working for HSN and boxes up either/or for the consumers. How does QVC employees know I bought something from HSN and they got my order, grabbed the goods, tossed them in a close-by box and sealed it with my HSN invoice but taped it up with a QVC piece of tape? Bottom line, I guess who really cares, right?

Honored Contributor

Re: Here's a New One

[ Edited ]

@chrystaltree wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

They use the same warehouse, especially the one in Bethlehem, Pa.  I've had several HSN purchases shipped from there.

By the way, I received an Amazon purchase in a Wal-Mart box.

Because Walmart sells things on the Amazon platform.  You purchase on Amazon but Walmart is the seller and they send the items out.

@chrystaltree @Kachina624 

LOL....isnt that a bit like, to paraphrase an old saying-----  "feeding the hand that bites you...."  In other words, helping your competition....😲

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

They use the same warehouse, especially the one in Bethlehem, Pa.  I've had several HSN purchases shipped from there.

Because Walmart sells things on the Amazon platform.  You purchase on Amazon but Walmart is the seller and they send the items out.

@chrystaltree @Kachina624 

LOL....isnt that a bit like, to paraphrase an old saying-----  "feeding the hand that bites you...."  In other words, helping your competition....😲

Probably 80% of the millions of items for sale on Amazon are not Amazon products.  Amazon is a platform on which thousands of retailers and individuals sell their merchandise....and Amazon charges them for that.  Yes, Amazon does sell it's own products but that's that's a fraction of what Amazon sells.  There's a woman in town here who makes scented candles, oils, body lotions.  She sells her products on Amazon.  It amazes that there are still so many people who still don't understand Amazon.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree    I try to avoid those third party sellers.  My sister got a $30. ring that was not as described, and was pulling her hair out trying to figure out how to get it back to somewhere in Asia.  I told to trash it and forget it.  Lesson learned.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD    I would have thought that too except the shipping label had an Amazon return address.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

One time I received an independent Amazon purchase in a flattened Cheerio box that had been fashioned into a mailer.

It was addressed to DH because we share an account, and I forgot to tell him the package was coming.

At first he thought we might have some weirdo stalker. Particularly when he opened it and out fell several partially cut up paper crafting supplies. Which I'd also neglected to mention were due to arrive.

Just turned out to be a very frugal independent seller who used what they had to create a sturdy envelope. I didn't even know you could use a cereal box like that.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

Seriously @Kachina624  @chrystaltree   Lesson learned here w/3rd parties regardless where they are, overseas makes it the worst. When I order from amaz I always now check who the shipper is.