Honored Contributor

Re: Here's Your Chance to Upgrade

Maybe a pied a Terre for Bill or Melinda Gates? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I won't pay a penny more than $34M for it.

Spoiler

Trusted Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ   Yes, that's what I recall.  It was about the same time Melissa arranged for the auctions of Joan's treasured belongings.

I was a bit confused at the picture that was shown to illustrate the post.  I don't think the apt. looks at all like Joan left it. 

I'm sure the new listing will bring it up to date by whichever realtor gets the listing.

Esteemed Contributor

1 East 62nd Street Penthouse Residence – Property Details • Triplex Condominium Apartment • Interior space: approximately 5,100 sq. ft. • Outdoor space: two terraces – approximately 430 sq. ft. • Elevator entrance into exclusive landing • 11 rooms • Ballroom and music room feature 23’ ceilings, double-height windows and two of the apartments five wood burning fireplaces • Library with Central Park and skyline view • Dining Room with Central Park and skyline view • 2 Kitchens • 4 bedrooms • 4.5 baths • 5 fireplaces

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624  Is Easy Pay offered???

Honored Contributor

Very opulent.  Not to my liking at all.  I'm not in to a lot of ornate decor.  But I'm sure she felt comfy and happy there.  I wonder if the person who buys it will totally renovate it? I sure would! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

As others have noted, the apartment underwent a complete renovation when first sold after Joan's death to the current owner:

From 2016:  "The apartment sold last summer for its asking price of $28 million to 65-year-old Saudi prince Muhammad bin Fahd, who reportedly plans to do a complete gut renovation."

Esteemed Contributor

I also remember the ghost story TV documentary with Joan talking about living with her ghost and taking the audience on a tour of the apartment.  I always wondered if later residents of the apartment were ever haunted?

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt