Reply
Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,498
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Help!!!

Wonky?  I love it. Woman LOL


@CARMIE wrote:

When that happens to my laptop keys, I take a flat butter knife and pop off the keyboard key caps.  They come right off.  Then I align them and put them back on,

 

The keys are a cap on top of a stem, sometimes they get wonky.

 

 


 

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,498
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Help!!!


@dooBdoo wrote:

@Pqfan wrote:

Hi. Thanks so much everyone for your replies.

It started working again out of the blue but I know it will probably stop again.

 

Other keys in that area  above like the 4 and 5 are messing up too.

I was trying so hard to keep calm considering all of the other major things happening in the world to people but I was losing my patience fast!

 

I look like a bad Wheel of Fortune contestant lol! Smiley Happy 


 

            Hi, @Pqfan!    I understand the frustration, and these days even though we can usually temporarily use features like Siri, Cortana, etc., we've come to rely on our electronic devices as an important part of daily living.    Great responses from our wonderful posters!   In troubleshooting keyboard snafus, the first thing we usually do is swap it out with another.    The idea is to try and pinpoint the source of the problem -- is it actually the keyboard itself or perhaps sketchy settings, software, drivers, etc., on the computer.   So, if there's some way for you to borrow another one just to check, give that a try.    I've learned what seems to be the cause of malfunctioning keys isn't always the real cause.   In the meantime, you're seeing plenty of good ideas here and you also can read online for more tips and and solutions for your specific device.    I'm glad it's working right now, and hope it continues to do so.   After years of dealing with this problem in medical centers...  oh, the stories I could tell about the causes of keyboards acting up and what we found lurking inside those keyboards... some of which would probably be censored by the moderators... 😜

 

             Thanks for your fabulous, sparkling sense of humor...  you always light up the community with your wit and good nature, and I appreciate you.❤️

 


dooBdoo...You do the same and I appreciate you too, along with Pqfan. Heart

 

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,114
Registered: ‎10-19-2011

Re: Help!!!

Related image

Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,498
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Help!!!


@dooBdoo wrote:

@Pqfan wrote:

Hi. Thanks so much everyone for your replies.

It started working again out of the blue but I know it will probably stop again.

 

Other keys in that area  above like the 4 and 5 are messing up too.

I was trying so hard to keep calm considering all of the other major things happening in the world to people but I was losing my patience fast!

 

I look like a bad Wheel of Fortune contestant lol! Smiley Happy 


 

            Hi, @Pqfan!    I understand the frustration, and these days even though we can usually temporarily use features like Siri, Cortana, etc., we've come to rely on our electronic devices as an important part of daily living.    Great responses from our wonderful posters!   In troubleshooting keyboard snafus, the first thing we usually do is swap it out with another.    The idea is to try and pinpoint the source of the problem -- is it actually the keyboard itself or perhaps sketchy settings, software, drivers, etc., on the computer.   So, if there's some way for you to borrow another one just to check, give that a try.    I've learned what seems to be the cause of malfunctioning keys isn't always the real cause.   In the meantime, you're seeing plenty of good ideas here and you also can read online for more tips and and solutions for your specific device.    I'm glad it's working right now, and hope it continues to do so.   After years of dealing with this problem in medical centers...  oh, the stories I could tell about the causes of keyboards acting up and what we found lurking inside those keyboards... some of which would probably be censored by the moderators... 😜

 

             Thanks for your fabulous, sparkling sense of humor...  you always light up the community with your wit and good nature, and I appreciate you.❤️

 



May I hi-jack this post?  dooBdoo you helped me post my signature a while back and I need your help one more time.  Actually I have everything written down as to what I have to do.  I am planning on changing the sig and I have a concern as to how to save the existing one.

 

I went so far as to type it in the sig box but the existing one still shows, after clicking on the save button do I hit deplete and start typing my new sig?  You have been so gracious in the past and to this day I do appreciate your help.  The last time I posted with you, you were not doing well, hoping you are now in a good place.  You are one of the kindest posters on these boards, always a pleasure to see you here. Heart

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor
Posts: 14,767
Registered: ‎06-27-2010

Re: Help!!!


Lindsays Grandma wrote:

 

May I hi-jack this post?  dooBdoo you helped me post my signature a while back and I need your help one more time.  Actually I have everything written down as to what I have to do.  I am planning on changing the sig and I have a concern as to how to save the existing one.

 

I went so far as to type it in the sig box but the existing one still shows, after clicking on the save button do I hit deplete and start typing my new sig?  You have been so gracious in the past and to this day I do appreciate your help.  The last time I posted with you, you were not doing well, hoping you are now in a good place.  You are one of the kindest posters on these boards, always a pleasure to see you here. Heart


 

            Hi, @Lindsays Grandma!   Thank you for the lovely compliments and the good wishes.   You are so kind, and you lift my spirits.❤️   

             

            Am I understanding that you want to save your existing signature in case you want to use it again later?    I'd suggest that you copy it and then paste it somewhere like an email message to yourself, or a notepad or other area on your computer where you write and save text.

            Then delete everything in the signature area in your settings so you can completely remove the current signature, and enter the new one and click "SAVE."   

 

            Hope that makes sense!    Just give a shout if you have more questions and I'll try to help -- or if I'm not here I know another poster will help out.    I hope you and your family are well.    Thank  you, again, for your thoughtful posts.image.gif

 

 

 

⭐️“He drew a circle that shut me out. Heretic, rebel, a thing to flout. But Love and I had the wit to win: we drew a circle that welcomed him in.” ~E. Markham ⭐️

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,498
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Help!!!


@dooBdoo wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

 

May I hi-jack this post?  dooBdoo you helped me post my signature a while back and I need your help one more time.  Actually I have everything written down as to what I have to do.  I am planning on changing the sig and I have a concern as to how to save the existing one.

 

I went so far as to type it in the sig box but the existing one still shows, after clicking on the save button do I hit deplete and start typing my new sig?  You have been so gracious in the past and to this day I do appreciate your help.  The last time I posted with you, you were not doing well, hoping you are now in a good place.  You are one of the kindest posters on these boards, always a pleasure to see you here. Heart


 

            Hi, @Lindsays Grandma!   Thank you for the lovely compliments and the good wishes.   You are so kind, and you lift my spirits.❤️   

             

            Am I understanding that you want to save your existing signature in case you want to use it again later?    I'd suggest that you copy it and then paste it somewhere like an email message to yourself, or a notepad or other area on your computer where you write and save text.

            Then delete everything in the signature area in your settings so you can completely remove the current signature, and enter the new one and click "SAVE."   

 

            Hope that makes sense!    Just give a shout if you have more questions and I'll try to help -- or if I'm not here I know another poster will help out.    I hope you and your family are well.    Thank  you, again, for your thoughtful posts.image.gif

 

 

 


Oh my, I am so glad I contacted you.  I thought I could click on save and it would do just that, save it.  Now I know  how it works and I thank you so much for enlightening me.  Hope I don't mess this up. Hugs to you.  Woman Happy

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam