Respected Contributor

My daughter is taking on SAT class.  The book(s) say copyright 2019.  Also says 2019 by Reetiforp, LLC.  All rights reserved.  On another page is has a Letter to Students and Parents:  C2 Education's redesigned SAT workbooks focus on curriculum that will help students build key foundation sills and learn problem-solving methods to tackle the new SAT that was released n 2016.  On all the pages at the bottom, is has version 3.0 written.  Am I correct in thinking this is an outdated book?  

Respected Contributor

From a quick google search it looks like the last time the SAT's were changed was 2016.

Trusted Contributor

All I know about SATs is that I think they are shifting to digital. Sorry to be no help.

Respected Contributor

@ScrapHappy  There's not enough info in your post. Is the book part of a Tutoring program for the SAT?

Can you ask someone connected to the class's company about the book?

Respected Contributor

@Desert Lily wrote:

@ScrapHappy  There's not enough info in your post. Is the book part of a Tutoring program for the SAT?

Yes.  It's a book from the company doing the tutoring.  I plan on asking but pretty sure they'll same something that it's up to date.

Respected Contributor

@ScrapHappy  I understand how important preparing for the SAT can be. My child had a tutor & I believe had the College Board study book back in 2011. A Harvard student came to our house to tutor then. Even though my child took practice tests during the tutoring time, my child took additional practice tests afterward. That SAT score (& PSAT score, grades, classes) helped make my child a National Merit Scholar. Doors opened.

If after the tutoring your daughter wants to continue to study & practice, there are current books from the Princeton Review and the College Board with additional tests & review tools. There are several SAT study guide books available. But, your daughter might be happy & well-prepared with her current class & book.

Is there a high school counselor that can be of help with your questions?

Respected Contributor

@Desert Lily wrote:

@ScrapHappy  I understand how important preparing for the SAT can be. My child had a tutor & I believe had the College Board study book back in 2011. A Harvard student came to our house to tutor then. Even though my child took practice tests during the tutoring time, my child took additional practice tests afterward. That SAT score (& PSAT score, grades, classes) helped make my child a National Merit Scholar. Doors opened.

If after the tutoring your daughter wants to continue to study & practice, there are current books from the Princeton Review and the College Board with additional tests & review tools. There are several SAT study guide books available. But, your daughter might be happy & well-prepared with her current class & book.

Is there a high school counselor that can be of help with your questions?

She has an SAT study book she's been using since before the SAT class she's in now.  Considered Princeton Review but she does better in person than on line or study on her own.  Her HS guidance counselor is not helpfull.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Help with book

[ Edited ]

@ScrapHappy  What about contacting the principal? Administrators should be well-versed in which study guides have been working the best for students and which ones best correspond to the current SAT.

I think SAT tutoring is an excellent idea.

I wish your daughter great success. She's fortunate to have a very caring mom.

Honored Contributor

@ScrapHappy wrote:

@Desert Lily wrote:

Yes.  It's a book from the company doing the tutoring.  I plan on asking but pretty sure they'll same something that it's up to date.

YOU plan to ask?  How about you let HER ask.  You need to step away a little and let her handle things on her own.

What are you going to do once she goes to college and you're told that even if she's still not 18 and you may be the one  paying the tuition her grades are none of your business?

Respected Contributor

@CelticCrafter  I think it's wonderful & positive that @ScrapHappy 's daughter has the support of her mother. She wants the best for her daughter & her future. Her daughter is sure to do well.

SAT's and starting college are very stressful for students. Some have difficulty handling the stress. I will never forget getting emails from my child's ivy league college about the couple of student suicides that happened during the 1st 2 years.

It's not easy for students to muddle through the process. Parents are required to be involved in parts of the process, too, like giving the college financial info, paying for SAT's, etc.

SAT tutoring was expensive for me as a single mom. It was $1200 in 2011. And I, like the OP, wanted to know that my child was getting the best available.

My child's ivy league college stated that if a student is on the parents' income taxes, the parents have the right to access their student's grades. Idk how colleges other than that one deal with grade confidentiality & parents.