Occasional Contributor

Help with Job (cover letter)

Hello Friends here,   

As I'm working so diligently on my resume; I've also searched on the internet for "cover letter" examples, but they ALL want me to sign up for "this or that," and it's all wanting private info & passwords that I'm NOT disclosing.  Hey, I'm over 50, so I just need a little help with cover letter "stuff" to attach to my resume, AND for my age group.  Can anyone help me, please?  Thanks to anyone who's willing to help!  --Ann in Alabama.

Honored Contributor

Re: Help with Job (cover letter)

@Bamabaskets wrote:

Hello Friends here,   

As I'm working so diligently on my resume; I've also searched on the internet for "cover letter" examples, but they ALL want me to sign up for "this or that," and it's all wanting private info & passwords that I'm NOT disclosing.  Hey, I'm over 50, so I just need a little help with cover letter "stuff" to attach to my resume, AND for my age group.  Can anyone help me, please?  Thanks to anyone who's willing to help!  --Ann in Alabama.

Have you tried youtube? 

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Esteemed Contributor

Go to Google and put in............cover letter for employment resume .....and you'll have hundreds of selections for help.  I just did it - and am impressed at the information for FREE.

I believe letter should be short but to the point. 

Good luck & hope it helps.

Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Respected Contributor

I googled best resumes for 2017. Found several articles with examples. Also try youtube.

In addition, you can find articles on how to format the resume. (headers, spacing, etc.

Esteemed Contributor

Take a look at AARP's website.  They have information that might help you.  Good luck.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Regular Contributor

Go to Google and search for "job application free cover letter template" and you will find what you want.

Occasional Contributor

Thank you all so much for your links and references.  I appreciate your help!!