Honored Contributor

@Sooner  Nice ideas but the person is out of state.

Honored Contributor

@On It  The gift is for the person, NOT the caregiver.

Honored Contributor

I do wonder why you want send something but if you must, send something practical like a warm throw or thick socks or unscented body lotion.  

Honored Contributor

@Biftu wrote:

I want to send something to my friends's sister who is home after rehab and not doing well.  Any gift ideas, I'm at a loss.  Her attention span is not good, she has no appetite so food items won't work, and flower delivery out of state is quite expensive.  Just want to send a little something as an I'm thinking of you gift.

@Biftu  You are a very kind and thoughtful person. Ask your friend for suggestions but initially I would send card with your own handwritten message.  You can buy lovely blank cards.

Even if she could eat I wouldn't send food.

Flowers depend upon potential allergies.

How well do you know her?  If her attention span is faltering and she is not doing well keep it simple for now.

Hopefully she will be gaining in recovery and you can always send something she herself can enjoy.

Just ask your friend for the immediate time.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@On It  The gift is for the person, NOT the caregiver.

I understood that. Oftentimes, when people are in distress they want nothing.  My point was the patient could use the hand cream, but if she refused it, it could be put to good use.

Respected Contributor

Demdaco Giving Heart.   Here or on their own website. I have gifted it on many occasions and everyone has loved it.  

Esteemed Contributor

My SIL recently had surgery and I made her a pretty box of Beekman:  wipes (as she is not able to shower right now) soap and lotion.  She was thrilled with it, everyone needs to "freshen" up and those wipes are wonderful for that.  

Respected Contributor

Youn can send her some CD's of soothing music.  

Respected Contributor

I I would send a beautiful card that tells her you are thinking of her...she can stand it up on her table or dresser and enjoy it.  Very nice of you to show you are thinking of her. 

Respected Contributor

@meem120   So glad you mentioned the Demdaco line. I have sent many gifts from their line and always received the greatest thank you notes. The hearts are my favs but I don't think you can go wrong.