Respected Contributor

Help me remember ladies!   I was watching Susan Graver with her presentation this morning and she showed a shirt jacket that she called faux suede.  I know she sold that type of fabric some years back but can't remember what she called it.   It looks just like the same stuff only given a different name.   It's driving me crazy that I can't recall what it was called.  

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Honored Contributor

that fake suede was called Moleskin I think

Respected Contributor

YES!!!!  Thank you so much.  Now I can resume my day without driving myself crazy...Lol

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Honored Contributor

In fact,I was going thru my fall jackets and found the fake suede jacket in grey.

Respected Contributor

Re: Help Me Remember.....

[ Edited ]

@ciao_bella   I've been enjoying watching this show this morning, too, and liked that shirt jacket because off the cut and fabric.  Haven't made up my mind yet on that and the ribbed sweater dress they referenced but haven't shown in detail yet.

The Today's Special Value blazer is a "no" for me, even though I love blazers and wear one almost every day, because it is not lined.

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Respected Contributor

@ciao_bella wrote:

Help me remember ladies!   I was watching Susan Graver with her presentation this morning and she showed a shirt jacket that she called faux suede.  I know she sold that type of fabric some years back but can't remember what she called it.   It looks just like the same stuff only given a different name.   It's driving me crazy that I can't recall what it was called.  

@ciao_bella, I remember something called peachskin.

Esteemed Contributor

I love moleskin.  It is heavier than peachskin, doesn't wrinkle, is soft and moves with you.  I still have a pair of D & C black moleskin pants that must be 100 yrs old (I exaggerate) and I only wear for special occasions.

I used to have several jackets that seemed to shrink in my closet that I had to donate that I loved.  So comfortable.  Hope they bring back moleskin.

Honored Contributor

Moleskin - love this stuff!!!  I still have a few shorter jackets in moleskin. Yes I still wear them, they are still stylish and still look as good today as they did way back when. I just checked labels in all of them, none are Graver's but one is D&Co, 2 are from one of the Kardashians when she was here (yep they sold clothes here for a NY minute). Throw them in the washer, hang to dry. Ready to wear again!

Honored Contributor

@tiny 2 wrote:

@ciao_bella wrote:

@ciao_bella, I remember something called peachskin.

peachskin it/was a woven microfiber with silk feel

Honored Contributor

Moleskin indeed.  Every designer had moleskin in their collections.