Honored Contributor

@croemer Actually, no one in the snowy northern areas has to deal with snow.  Like gardening in the warmer states, many people contract with a snow removal service.  

I live in an HOA community where the landscaping crew transitions to snow removal when needed.  We have had significant snow three times this year, always in the evening hours.  By the time I wake up, and my newspaper gets delivered, all snow has been cleared from our roads, our driveways, and right up to our front doors!

I have a snow shovel and only clear off my back steps and deck.   If I'm unable to do that in the future, it wouldn't be a problem. Don't have to use that exit.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@september wrote:

@croemer Actually, no one in the snowy northern areas has to deal with snow.  Like gardening in the warmer states, many people contract with a snow removal service.  

I live in an HOA community where the landscaping crew transitions to snow removal when needed.  We have had significant snow three times this year, always in the evening hours.  By the time I wake up, and my newspaper gets delivered, all snow has been cleared from our roads, our driveways, and right up to our front doors!

I have a snow shovel and only clear off my back steps and deck.   If I'm unable to do that in the future, it wouldn't be a problem. Don't have to use that exit.  

That is awesome @september .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Esteemed Contributor

@september 

@croemer 

Hello to 'YOU' both. 

It's been cool to very cold now, with about 22 to 18 throughout the night. May reach 34 by noon Saturday afternoon. Sofar we have had no significant amount of snow; 2 inches at the most in November, and what I call a slight dusting a week ago. Not the usual winter we have had in past years, but if 6-10 inches of snow our little village has super snow plowing beginning early on all of our small lanes and streets moving promptly to the Interstates for all traffic going into town/ adjacent townships. That only applies to outside one's home.

My husband has always cleared our drive area and front area to reach the car next to our home.

He calls that good exercise, and never have seen him fail doing that ( other than in 2011), along with sweeping off snow areas in back (up to home) yard for a clearing for a feeding circle; our tiny critter & birds since we live mainly in a protected park area on the edge. I love the tall trees and woodsy large yard. We decided on buying our home for the yard only before we looked at this house. That's something new; we both love total privacy, spacious land, and neighbors are er out