Honored Contributor

Re: Hello, Really over $24,000

@DowntonAbbey

I am going to assume you did get some enjoyment out of those 13 years via cable tv. Maybe even some up to date news you may not have gotten via another source.

Just think how much some will spend with a contraption glued to their face over their next 23 years. I know it will way more than I have spent over the last 13 years on our satellite bill.

And our satellite brought my wife and I, and even a few of our felines, lots of entertainment. Now that contraption started our with an honorable purpose, now it, to me, has more negatives than positives. 

For many it takes away face to face communication. I have seen some within rooms of each other "tapping" instead of talking with each other. I have walked away from more thaj 1 person I was speaking with when they felt answering their contraption was more advantageous to them than speaking with me.

Then there are the dangerous distractions, some walking into street poles/into traffic/falling off curbs, and then there is driving.

Whatever works for ya, but I'll stick with our satellite, that just watching my NHL team games alone, is worth every buck I have and will spend for our entertainment and knowledge.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)