Trusted Contributor

since 2003 with cable? That is what I have spent in 13 years, I almost fainted and still am not over it.  I hate being without cable but I have ROKU and I love it.  Hard not watching LMN and Fox News but........and CNN yet I don't have the stress of listening to news and scary shows all day.  Giggles. Wishing everyone a fabulous evening.  CoCo.  Oh, Got to stay one month with my China Doll and she loves calling me CoCo...........I love it also...........I miss her so much but I love love love Houston Texas.

Honored Contributor

Re: Hello, Really over $24,000

The Fox 'news' channel is on my Roku.  Maybe it's a version thing?  My Rokus are the Roku3.    I don't watch that channel, but I had to look for somebody else who wanted to watch that channel.   HTH  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@DowntonAbbey

Nice to read you are enjoying a relationship with your sweet granddaughter.  Isn't she about to become a big sister? Is there something significant to the name CoCo or is it just an endearing name? Being a Grandmother is wonderful isn't it?

As for the cost of cable TV, it is high.  I do not want to think about how much we've spent....and we've never had any premium stations.

QVC Customer Care

Trusted Contributor

Hello, yes it is wonderful being a grandmother.  She stayed with me a  week and then we flew to Houston together and she was so grown up. She will be three in November and so very smart and we have this special connection.  I wanted to be called Bella but she chose CoCo and so CoCo it is...........I adore her...........I don't get to facetime with her as much as I like but her grandmother is visiting from her country and staying 5 months and I am trusting my china doll will not be going back with her.  The new baby will be here next month. Yes........I am sure she will also be beautiful.  I wish my son could have had a boy that is what he wanted but he is such a good daddy.........and my daughter in law is a great mom........I wish they were not atheist but I still love them.  My son has grown up a lot and taken responsiblity.......that makes me happy and when we went to the ocean he and I went way out and just laughed and was knocked down by the waves or I was and it was a beautiful moment.  Until I see them again...........it is very expensive to travel there..........but one day again.......it will be great and my China Doll and I have a sweet bond, and we go to bed late, she does not sleep in the habit she is in and I can't sleep so we had treats.........funny when I was asleep she would say COCO, lets have some popcicles ad popcorn........well, at 3 am I had to do it for us.  I will never forget that month.........she is my reason for living.  Time is a teacher and things to clear after time.  Still some struggles but I had to let go and realize he is a grown man now and showing it more every month.  Thank you

Trusted Contributor

I did not have special channels on my cable but I am loving KOJAK each night..........who loves you baby.............aaahhhh  he was something else and was a great actor for Kojak.  Sad he died of bladder cancer in 1994. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Can someone please help me with questions on Roku?

1) Who is Roku?  Is that the name of the company or the device?

2) Do you need fast internet speed for it to work properly?

3) What does it cost?

4) Are there monthly payments for the service?

4) Where do you buy it?

5) Does it need installation?

6) Does your picture ever pause or get pixalated?

7) Does streaming affect the speed of other devices sharing the same internet portal?

8) How many channels do you get?

Thanx. Cat Embarassed

Trusted Contributor

Hello, I purchased a smart tv from Best Buy for $199 and it is an Insigna and they purchased the company and inside this tv is ROKU.......so it was easy for me to set up but if you have a smart tv you can go and get the Roku for $39 or $49 up to $79 I think and you can see things free but I purchased Hulu which is $7.99 a month and it is tv shows and maybe some movies.  Then you only pay what you buy each month.......You can get Netflix and all kind of other companies but I only want Hulu so after the purchase of the TV or someone getting Roku then you are set.  No more cable prices.  I think if you watch a show they are a day late but that is ok with me.  I love the shows of the 60 and 70's.  I need to make a list of what shows I want to see and then I can use my computer for the news.  I would have never changed but my cable company changed prices over night and took out the package I was guaranteed and then I would had to pay $40 more and it was not HBO etc........so I felt good turning in my box knowing they were way over charging for the channels we could get which was not a great selection.  I hope you try Roku or Fire Stick which is from Amazon and I tried the fire stick first on my Emmerson tv that is one year old and the Amazon Fire Stick where you can get a Best Buy would not work on my tv and it was a mess trying to get help.  I only pay $52 a month now for internet which is way expensive and slow. But it beats $140 a month for nothing.  Well I did have a home phone but that was only $10 a month.

Let us know what you decide but go to Best Buy and they will walk you through it and help you.  I was told about this two years ago and I should have done this then.  CoCo.

Trusted Contributor

I am just learning Roku so you get shows not channels...........and you search for them in your Roku remote.  So I don't think I could ever watch them all but you will not get shopping channels as far as I know.

Respected Contributor

Thanx DA.  I'll have to look into it. Cat Frustrated