Esteemed Contributor

Acording to NOAA, Palm Springs, is at 122 degrees!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@teainlondon wrote:

Hi Kachina624. I also live in N GA. are you East or West?

tea

@teainlondon  I think you shouted out to the wrong person as I'm in New Mexico.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

We chilled down to 96° today after 103° yesterday, and the humidity is lower.  It makes all the difference with my evaporative cooler.  I'm quite comfortable today.

Honored Contributor

In May it rained and rained and rained so we caught a break with the summer weather, everything is so nice and green (a weather man joked some might mistake our area for Ireland--LOL), BUT apparently Ms. Summer didn't like it so she came back with a vengence here in South Texas it's been in the 96-97 range with heat indexes over 100.....but now we've "cooled" down here in Texas to mid to lower 90's----bring out the jacket's Smiley Wink

QVC is showing fashions of layered looks, so don't forgt to pile on those layers of 3/4 sleeves jackets and cardigans!!!!---just perfect for this heat!!!Woman Tongue

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

It's 116.8 right now on my patio in southern Nv. with 6% humidity.

Honored Contributor

@Tyak  Yikes!  I feel for you.  The first summer I lived in Midland, Texas it got up to 120° in town.  That's why I was anxious to leave, although it's a lovely community.  Our humidity in Albuquerque is about 6% today too.  Do you use a swamp cooler?

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@loveschocolate wrote:

@SharkE, I meant for a visit. DH would want to move to Florida. Not me, no way. When I was in the military I lived in Louisiana for four years. Humidity was awful. 

I don't blame you. I'd NEVER live in Florida.

Frequent Contributor

It hit 94 degrees with enough humidity to be miserable here in the D.C. area.  I was wondering--do Europeans have to deal with oppressive heat and humidity in the summer, or do they just worry about excessive cold in the winter months?

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Tyak  Yikes!  I feel for you.  The first summer I lived in Midland, Texas it got up to 120° in town.  That's why I was anxious to leave, although it's a lovely community.  Our humidity in Albuquerque is about 6% today too.  Do you use a swamp cooler?

No swamp cooler.  I don't think many people here in LV have them.

Honored Contributor

@MickD wrote:

107 in SoCal!!! Feelin hot hot hot!

I got out just in time 😈

Life without Mexican food is no life at all