Honored Contributor

It's miserably hot, hot, hot in the Southwest.  It's about 100° outside at my house right now, and is supposed to be as much as 120° today in the Phoenix area.  Wildfires burning in several states with one 27,000 acre fire burning just South of Albuquerque.  

We're under some sort of hazardous air advisory and they've advised people with evaporative coolers, which bring in outside air, to turn them off.  Are they kidding?  I'd rather have a little smoke than 100° in my house, although it's not exactly frigid with the cooler on.

Dare we hope this too will pass...soon?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

102 in Amarillo Sat. Right now it's 91 I believe. we just turn on a/c from 12noon to 9. Commercial fans take over till noon next day. Energy bills went to 500 a month we had to do something and fast!

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624.....well, unfortunately, it is summer, and we have to deal with the heat and the fires. It's part of the area we live in. It got to 98 here where I live today, but I am just thankful it's not humid. I have my apt. closed up and the A/C on, so it's comfortable. Take care.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Frequent Contributor

Kachina624,  that is some serious heat.   It's been so hot and dry here in north Ga.  Our grass is dead and crunchy.  It hasn't rained in about two months.  We've been in the high 90's.   This heat is just so unrelenting.  

Respected Contributor

Summer begins tomorrow morning - so looks like this is just the beginning.  Cooling down this week a bit in Indiana luckily, only to heat up again next week.  Stay cool and hydrated!

Frequent Contributor

I'm gonna call Miss Summer and tell her she is LATE to her own partay!   Haha

Honored Contributor

Where do you live @catwhisperer?  I'm right outside of Albuquerque, and its unusual for us to get this hot due to the altitude.  I think the last long spell of extreme heat was in 1980.  I'm just hibernating with my 4 dogs who are also not enjoying the heat.

I'd love to be high in Colorado right now and I don't mean on legalized Marijuana. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Where do you live @catwhisperer?  I'm right outside of Albuquerque, and its unusual for us to get this hot due to the altitude.  I think the last spell of extreme heat was in 1980.  I'm just hibernating with my 4 dogs who are also not enjoying the heat.

I'd love to be high in Colorado right now.

@Kachina624....I am in San Diego ten miles east of the coast. The past two summers have been horrible with heat and humidity. I am hoping and praying that we don't have the humidity this summer. Time will tell.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Where do you live @catwhisperer?  I'm right outside of Albuquerque, and its unusual for us to get this hot due to the altitude.  I think the last long spell of extreme heat was in 1980.  I'm just hibernating with my 4 dogs who are also not enjoying the heat.

I'd love to be high in Colorado right now and I don't mean on legalized Marijuana. 

@Kachina624...LOL

Respected Contributor

I saw on the news parts of Arizona were going to reach 119 degrees! The hottest heat I was ever in was Las Vegas at 118 degrees, of course I was at a resort with a nice few pools to lay by.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18