Honored Contributor

Re: Having trouble with a company

The Better Business Bureau is a business-supported organization that has no policing or law enforcement power.  All they can do is give a company a black mark.

Each state has an attorney general and each has a consumer fraud division.  They do have the authority to file charges against an illicit operation and even shut it down.  They are the people to whom a report of bad business practices should be made.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@songbird wrote:

There is this beverage company in New York that has certain beverages that are difficult to get anyplace else.  I was astonished by the low prices.  I ordered a case of this beverage (it's a flavor by Snapple) and I received pretty well.  The reviews on the site were all positive.  I ordered again,  This time I received the product but was a little slow in the shipment.  Finally I ordered again this time requesting 2 cases of the beverage.  This was back in the beginning of April and I haven't received it.  No matter how many times I sent them emails and calling them.  They promised they would send it  but they don't.  Finally for the first time ever, I contacted my credit card company to dispute the charge.  Hoping something will happen if I they get my CC attention.  

I googled reviews of this company and found a whole slew of people saying this company was a scam, horrible, never got my order, etc.

Since this is the first time I ever had to do this, I was wondering what any of you would do in this situation.  

Can you tell us who the company is?

Honored Contributor

I had bought a "liquid water enhancer" from a company. My experience was similar to yours. The first order came no problem. My second order, I think I waited well over a month. And the third order, I ended up not getting my full order and waiting over a month again. Did not order a 4th time, they stopped producing my 2 favorite flavors..

They only shipped the orders if it was complete. They did not ship a partial order. And I think I had to wait for their production of certain flavors. Since I ordered about 5 different flavors. 

The reason I think it took awhile, I had to wait for production because my last shipment, will expire in Dec 15, 2018. And they shipped it 2/3/17. So I know the stuff was fresh.

I was ordering directly from the company that sold the product. Were you ordering from a distributor?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Will I get in to trouble?????

The name of the company is  Taldepot.  It's in New York and they sell snacks, beverages, etc.  Some hard to find like Diet Snapple Trop A Rocka and Diet Noni Berry.  They will sell them for 24 bottles  Pack of 24 16oz for $26.00   the rave review is misleading.  They are for the products (which are great!!!) Two owners of the business.  Here are the bad reviews for the company. Starting with the words Never Again....

https://www.resellerratings.com/store/Taldepot_com As you can see complaints are pouring in.  My complaint starts with the word Awful

UPDATE 

that company I had so much trouble with.....they sent me an email suddenly saying they were out of stock.  Would you believe that?   I think not!   Anyway they asked if I would like a refund.  I said yes!  So now I wait for a refund of $52.00 and I swear on a the old stack of bibles to never, never, never, never, ever deal with Taldepot ever again!  I requested the refund.  

Now I'll wait till I see my money pop back.  I called my credit card.  They told me to wait until then.  If it does not.....well I still willl get a refund from Visa.

Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

The name of the company is  Taldepot.  It's in New York and they sell snacks, beverages, etc.  Some hard to find like Diet Snapple Trop A Rocka and Diet Noni Berry.  They will sell them for 24 bottles  Pack of 24 16oz for $26.00   the rave review is misleading.  They are for the products (which are great!!!) Two owners of the business.  Here are the bad reviews for the company. Starting with the words Never Again....

https://www.resellerratings.com/store/Taldepot_com As you can see complaints are pouring in.  My complaint starts with the word Awful

UPDATE 

that company I had so much trouble with.....they sent me an email suddenly saying they were out of stock.  Would you believe that?   I think not!   Anyway they asked if I would like a refund.  I said yes!  So now I wait for a refund of $52.00 and I swear on a the old stack of bibles to never, never, never, never, ever deal with Taldepot ever again!  I requested the refund.  

Now I'll wait till I see my money pop back.  I called my credit card.  They told me to wait until then.  If it does not.....well I still won't get a refund from Visa.

@songbird  Why won't you get a refund from Visa if you don't get your money back?  They're usually very good about that.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NickNack wrote:

@songbird wrote:

UPDATE 

Now I'll wait till I see my money pop back.  I called my credit card.  They told me to wait until then.  If it does not.....well I still won't get a refund from Visa.

@songbird  Why won't you get a refund from Visa if you don't get your money back?  They're usually very good about that.

I will not be charged for $52.00 that was paid to Taldpot by Visa..  Visa told me I'm no longer liable for that amount of money. The company  (Taldepot)  has offered a refund.  I will wait until I see it on Visa.  If not, I will contact Visa again.  I have until 4/28/17